Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g 5G plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-03-2021

India

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 6

Files app keep stopping

2021-04-03, 19:31 PM

I unable to use my files application , I tried by clearing data , clearing cache , force stop and also restart my device but not working , After that I reset my device , for some days it is working fine but after that this problem continued , please help me to fix this , I can't able to upload or send any files to anyone as files app is my system app

Answer
Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255

Re:Files app keep stopping

2021-04-05, 15:07 PM

@ Anank0074 wrote:

I updated my chrome , In order to update Android System Webview there is no option to update or open .

As I already mentioned that files app is my default app , so whenever I share app , files or photos it automatically opens files app and it keeps stopping , this is very frustrating , I can' able to do anything , please help me if you have any solution

There is no need to update Android System Webview, you just need to update via Google Play Store. You should be able to search for it in the Play Store app. If that did not work then, we suggest booting the phone in safe mode. 

To reboot in safe mode:

1. Press & hold the Power button.
  2. Touch & hold Power off
  3. Touch OK to restart in safe mode.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Replies(5)
Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

2021-04-05, 14:03 PM

Hi Anank0074,

I will be glad to help you with this. Have you tried other file manager apps? We suggest to try updating both Android System Webview and Google Chrome from the Google Play Store, then rebooting your phone after updating it.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

04-03-2021

India

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-04-05, 14:25 PM

I updated my chrome , In order to update Android System Webview there is no option to update or open .

As I already mentioned that files app is my default app , so whenever I share app , files or photos it automatically opens files app and it keeps stopping , this is very frustrating , I can't able to do anything , please help me if you have any solution

Answer
Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-04-05, 15:07 PM

@ Anank0074 wrote:

As I already mentioned that files app is my default app , so whenever I share app , files or photos it automatically opens files app and it keeps stopping , this is very frustrating , I can' able to do anything , please help me if you have any solution

There is no need to update Android System Webview, you just need to update via Google Play Store. You should be able to search for it in the Play Store app. If that did not work then, we suggest booting the phone in safe mode. 

To reboot in safe mode:

1. Press & hold the Power button.
  2. Touch & hold Power off
  3. Touch OK to restart in safe mode.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

04-03-2021

India

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-04-05, 15:24 PM

Thank you very very much, After booting in safe mode files app working fine but after restarting this problem continues .

After booting, I started removing apps one by one and I found that one of my app cause this problem 

App Name : Full Screen Video Status

App Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.full.screen.whatsapp.video.status

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-04-05, 18:17 PM

Glad that you manage to find out what causing the problem. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. Also, if you see a pop-up for a survey please do fill it out regarding the experience here in the community.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms