10-23-2020

GB

5 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 4

Improvement Suggestions

2020-10-23, 23:10 PM

I've had the Moto G 5G Plus for about a week now. Overall I'm quite impressed, however there are a few suggestions I would make right now:

1. There should be an option for "Only Wake Screen For Notifications" in 'Peek Display', or a separate "Wake Screen For Notifications" setting. The slightest movement activates 'Peek Display' and this is extremely annoying. For example when driving at night with the device in a cradle, the screen constantly wakes during the journey. Not great for battery usage I'm sure.
  2. There should be separate options for SMS/MMS and Messaging Apps in 'Do Not Disturb'. I would like the ability to silence notifications from Mesenger and WhatsApp for example, but still get notifications for SMS/MMS.
  3. The ability to lock apps in the Recents Overview appears to be missing. Every other Android device I have had running Android 9 or 10 gives the ability to lock apps in the Recents Overview so that the app stays in the Recents Overview, even after using Clear All.

I am sure I will come across many other little niggles in the coming weeks, but for now I do hope Lenovo will consider and include these three suggestions soon.

BR

Des

Noice, Smort, toit, cool cool cool cool, no doubt no doubt no doubt
Options

794 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

292 Signins

7635 Page Views

• Views: 7635
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Improvement Suggestions

2020-10-23, 23:24 PM

For the driving at night distraction, can't you turn off Peek display?

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■ Please search the forum before posting. I do not respond to unsolicited PMs ■ Site Rules: https://tinyurl.com/yxlqjnal ■ Site Advice: https://tinyurl.com/yxchoq72 ■ If you post a question and no-one answers it does not mean no-one is thinking about it ■
Options

5 Posts

10-23-2020

GB

5 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-10-24, 8:21 AM

There are three reasons that would not be a viable option (1) I still want to know when a notification arrives (2) I may forget to enable it again and (3) I shouldn't have to, almost all other Android devices have a "Wake Screen For Notifications" setting.

All of the suggestions I have made are features already available on other Android 9/10 devices, so I'm not suggesting something that can't be done, I'm suggesting features that already exist in Android 9/10, but are for some reason inactive in the Lenovo/Motorola version of the firmware.

Noice, Smort, toit, cool cool cool cool, no doubt no doubt no doubt
Options

2460 Posts

03-11-2019

US

631 Signins

46375 Page Views

• Views: 46375
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-10-27, 15:51 PM

Hi Propa Bo,

Thank you for posting your suggestion here. We appreciate your feedback. We'll be sure to forward your thoughts to the appropriate team. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete