Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g 5G plus
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

07-03-2021

United Arab Emirates

14 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 11 of 22

Re:My Moto G 5G Plus beeps randomly, please help

2021-07-10, 17:33 PM

Hi Mary,

Last night I switched to safe mode before sleeping - it was there all night - no beeps came.

Then when I woke up, restarted the phone in normal mode.

The random beep has disappeared and nothing coming all day.

Any explanation, what happened???

Wonder if it will come back tomorrow?

Rgds

Ashish

Options

265 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

47 Signins

3159 Page Views

• Views: 3159
  • Message 12 of 22

2021-07-10, 23:31 PM

Hi,

Thanks for trying Safe mode, AshishWinmark. I am glad to hear you no longer hear the beeping sound while in and outside of Safe Mode. We cannot say exactly the cause of the beeping sound, but I recommend keeping track of the phone's behavior leading to the beeping sound in case it happens again.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

12 Posts

07-03-2021

United Arab Emirates

14 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 13 of 22

2021-07-11, 6:55 AM
Hi Mary, The beeping is back today. I have a Do Not Disturb mode switched on from 11pm to 6.45am to help me sleep better. This morning after this mode turned off, the random beep is back. Please suggest how to fix this. Rgds Ashish
Options

3817 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

580 Signins

46332 Page Views

• Views: 46332
  • Message 14 of 22

2021-07-11, 21:24 PM

Hi AshishWinmark,

Sorry to hear the beeping sound comes back. If this sound didn't appear when your phone is in Safe mode, possible that it is being triggered by a third party app. Start by uninstalling the last app you installed before this happened and see if has the same thing after uninstalling some apps.

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

12 Posts

07-03-2021

United Arab Emirates

14 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 15 of 22

2021-07-12, 6:50 AM

I moved from Samsung S9+ to Moto G 5G Plus.

All the apps are same from that phone. There was no beeping in that phone.

Only one that is different is a third party email client (Bluemail), because Motorola does not provide this must have email app for any working person in your UI. We have to use our own website emails, cannot work all through gmail. Sad.

And also the stock calculator which is compulsory scientific, which is useless for daily use. Also sad.

This makes me believe that Samsung has a superior UI, and Motorola is sidestepping the issue.

I already had deleted most of my apps which I considered unimportant. But all my banking apps, whatsapp, Covid related apps, and your stock apps which cannot be removed were maintained. Yet the annoying beeping sound persisted.

Problem appears to be in your UI, not that I have much knowledge in this matter.

Now I need to install third party UI to see if that removes the annoying beep.

For the benefit of others who may face similar issue, I will keep posting results to see what resolves this problem.

Motorola apathy and unwillingness to take ownership of your product malfunction and blaming it to customers downloaded apps will be disappointing.

Options

3817 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

580 Signins

46332 Page Views

• Views: 46332
  • Message 16 of 22

2021-07-12, 21:26 PM

Hi AshishWinmark,

I understand how important is this to you. We are just trying to figure out what may have caused it as we can't see your device personally which makes us  provide some troubleshooting steps. I appreciate you have tried some suggestions. We'd like to see if we can have it fixed without sending it for a repair. We stand by our phones and we want to help.

• Does this happen all the time?
  • Does the beeping sound only present when you're not playing any sound?
  • Does this happen after an app or phone update?
  • Is it possible to share a video recording showing how the beeping sound occur?

I appreciate any detail you may share. Thanks so much.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

12 Posts

07-03-2021

United Arab Emirates

14 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 17 of 22

2021-07-13, 7:12 AM

Hi Jess,

At the end of the day, I am happy to submit my phone to a repair centre, because obviously I agree with you that without physically inspecting the device, you cannot find the root cause of the problem.

Answering your queries:

• Does this happen all the time? It happens randomly. There is no pattern or time of day - but many times if finds the most unexpected time to beep and give a rude shock. It happens if the phone is in sound mode, doesn't happen if I set it to vibrate or activate do not disturb mode. The volume of the beep is connected to the volume of the ringer, so I keep the ringer volume low to prevent the intrusion, but I have started missing calls in noisy environments as I could not hear the ringtone.
  • Does the beeping sound only present when you're not playing any sound? I normally dont play any music on my phone, I have noticed it doesn't come when I am actually on a phone call. It comes when the phone is not being used, and also comes if I am on an internet call, or google maps directions or activated any fitness app.
  • Does this happen after an app or phone update? No such triggers that could be source of creating this sound. Its totally random.
  • Is it possible to share a video recording showing how the beeping sound occur? The beep takes place randomly, total time of beep is 2seconds. It comes sometimes two together, sometimes in 45 min, sometimes in 2 hours. I doubt I can spare the time to monitor this phone full time, and capture a video. Last time I took it to the store from where I bought it, and waited for about 30min, the beep came and the store clerk who is a semi knowledgeable person on mobile tech heard it, but said there is no setting that he knows that could start / stop the beep. Infact this beep is not in the regular list of notification sounds in the phone or in any app.
Options

265 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

47 Signins

3159 Page Views

• Message 18 of 22

2021-07-14, 7:37 AM

Hi AshishWinmark,

We appreciate you for giving us these details. Our next step, after Safe mode, is a Factory data reset. This erases all data and brings the phone back to out-of-the-box condition. We recommend backing up your phone prior to doing a reset. You can check your backup options here.

Please update your profile as well with your current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

I look forward for your response.

Regards,
Mary
Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

12 Posts

07-03-2021

United Arab Emirates

14 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 19 of 22

2021-07-21, 16:33 PM

Hi Mary,

I have updated my profile and have no objection to you looking into my phone.

Once you have checked and still cannot find a solution, then I will go for a full back up of my phone and perform factory reset. Not before.

Thanks

Ashish

Options

265 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

47 Signins

3159 Page Views

• Message 20 of 22

2021-07-22, 1:35 AM

Hi @AshishWinmark ,

Thanks. I didn't find anything in your apps that that can be a cause of the random beeps, but there are apps showing high number of crashes, like WhatsApp and Totok. These apps may degrade device performance if it continue crashing. I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling these apps or proceed in doing a factory data reset to help optimize the software. When you do a factory data reset, please use the device first without restoring your data or installing apps. You can gradually add your apps while observing any recurrence of the beeps. Please keep me posted.

Regards,
Mary
Moto Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms