3173 Signins

66021 Page Views

• Views: 66021
  • Message 11 of 16

Re:No mobile data access

2021-01-14, 15:11 PM

@ IanCr wrote:

Zeke

hardly left the house for the past 3 weeks. so on wifi almost all the time.

It' happened 3 times to me each time in major cities - doesn' happen where I live which is very rural.

No idea why

Ian

Ian, I'm sorry I'm getting confused. Are you saying that when you go into the city the APN is getting changed and mobile data doesn't work or just that mobile data doesn't work when you go into the more urban area? Can you turn off wifi and advise if the mobile data is working currently?  

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

32 Posts

08-11-2020

GB

33 Signins

230 Page Views

• Views: 230
  • Message 12 of 16

2021-01-14, 19:18 PM

What I meant was that it had happened mostly in urban areas .

I can't see that both networks APN settings are to blame as they both go bad at the same time and then both are ok again at the same time.

It did it again today, neither SIM would connect to data although both had good signal strength.

See the screenshots

Screenshot_20210114-161836~2.png Screenshot_20210114-161901.png
Options

32 Posts

08-11-2020

GB

33 Signins

230 Page Views

• Message 13 of 16

2021-01-15, 11:45 AM

Had the same issue this morning on the EE sim (the 3 sim had no service - which is normal for the location I was in) - I'm going to factory reset the phone and see if that cures it.  

Options

2965 Posts

03-11-2019

US

664 Signins

50355 Page Views

• Views: 50355
  • Message 14 of 16

2021-01-15, 16:34 PM

@ IanCr wrote:

Had the same issue this morning on the EE sim (the 3 sim had no service - which is normal for the location I was in) - I' going to factory reset the phone and see if that cures it.  

Please kindly fill out this form. We would like to request a bug report on this for further investigation. 

To enable developer options:
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Steps on how to generate a Bug Report:
Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced ->Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link of the Bug Report via Private Message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken.
Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

32 Posts

08-11-2020

GB

33 Signins

230 Page Views

• Message 15 of 16

2021-01-15, 20:10 PM

I'll see it goes now the phone has been reset.

Currently reinstalling apps and will be in touch

Options

2965 Posts

03-11-2019

US

664 Signins

50355 Page Views

• Views: 50355
  • Message 16 of 16

2021-01-19, 16:17 PM

@ IanCr wrote:

I' see it goes now the phone has been reset.

Currently reinstalling apps and will be in touch

Ok, please let us know if resetting the device helps. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms