07-24-2020

GB

22 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 1 of 5

Proximity sensor with wired headset problem

2020-08-11, 20:15 PM

Hi. More problems I'm afraid. It appears that plugging in a wired headset disables the proximity sensor. So if work phones to give me a job while I'm merrily riding along, I know the screen has become active in my pocket and any movement on my behalf could end the call, mute me or switch to loudspeaker. It would be laughable if not so frustrating, I can't really pull over on the motorway to play with my phone! As a pathology courier I'm trying to get peoples covid tests, cancer tests etc collected in a timely manner. This phone and android is not helping! If anyone can help me resolve this situation ( i have more) I'd be very grateful.

Options

1982 Posts

03-11-2019

US

591 Signins

42190 Page Views

• Views: 42190
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Proximity sensor with wired headset problem

2020-08-12, 14:34 PM

Hi reaver45,

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. We managed to reproduce the issue with the phone and other models. We already escalated this to our team. We'll let you know if there is an update. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1982 Posts

03-11-2019

US

591 Signins

42190 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-08-20, 16:02 PM

Hi reaver45,

We have some updates and we found out that this is a working as designed for our stock devices. Please let me know if you have a question or clarification. We are still looking into your other concerns. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

12 Posts

07-24-2020

GB

22 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-08-23, 18:46 PM

I feared you might come to this conclusion. I came across a thread on a pixel forum which suggested a much. Advice given was turn your phones screen away from your body when in pocket - laughable, or try tasker- seems a steep learning curve - to sort out a problem google has created.

I struggle to find any logic in googles thinking on this. Its as if some bright spark/idiot thought this handsfree lark works far to well, how can we screw it up? I know we'll make the sceen active so it can warm them up in the pocket area- so what if it cuts off the call if they move!  Oh oh.. also when they want to navigate safely not having to touch their screens we'll make them unlock them  hahaha . Of course they can get around this by disabling security. Google win again - phones more knickable, and we sell more. 

I realize most of these issues are android not specifically motorola, but lifes too short to spend hours trying to work around android lunacy. I've returned the phone for a refund. I'll stick with old Nougat which mostly worked.  Cheers for trying Zeke. Might go and moan at google now;-}

Options

1982 Posts

03-11-2019

US

591 Signins

42190 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-08-25, 13:14 PM

Hi reaver45,

I understand how you feel regarding this concern. Hope you can give us another chance in the future. In case you have questions or concerns, feel free to reach us, we'll surely help.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete