Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g 5G plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-24-2021

Italy

2 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎11-24-2021
  • Location: Italy
  • Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 5

Updates are stuck at may 1 2020

2021-11-24, 20:10 PM

I bought the phone months ago and got the android 11 with the september 1 2021 security patch. I bought the same phone for a relative and it's stuck at the june 1 2020 patch with android 10. I already installed the updates for all preinstalled apps and restarted the phone. The software channel is the same for both RETEU.

Reply
Options

4379 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1289 Signins

66405 Page Views

  • Posts: 4379
  • Registered: ‎03-04-2016
  • Location: India
  • Views: 66405
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Updates are stuck at may 1 2020

2021-11-25, 6:55 AM

@ 01010101010101 wrote:

I bought the phone months ago and got the android 11 with the september 1 2021 security patch. I bought the same phone for a relative and it's stuck at the june 1 2020 patch with android 10. I already installed the updates for all preinstalled apps and restarted the phone. The software channel is the same for both RETEU.

Hi,

 

Welcome to Motorola forums and thank you for taking the time to post, I will try my best to help you with this. Could you please update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

 

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

Regards,

Sandip



Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Reply
Options

3 Posts

11-24-2021

Italy

2 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎11-24-2021
  • Location: Italy
  • Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:Updates are stuck at may 1 2020

2021-11-25, 8:39 AM

@ Agent_Sandeep wrote:

@ 01010101010101 wrote:

I bought the phone months ago and got the android 11 with the september 1 2021 security patch. I bought the same phone for a relative and it's stuck at the june 1 2020 patch with android 10. I already installed the updates for all preinstalled apps and restarted the phone. The software channel is the same for both RETEU.

Hi,

 

Welcome to Motorola forums and thank you for taking the time to post, I will try my best to help you with this. Could you please update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

 

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

Regards,

Sandip

 

I was able to update the phone with the rescue smart assistant program. I have also updated my profile with the phone info so you can check, I'd rather not have to do this again if there is another update for this model

Reply
Options

4379 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1289 Signins

66405 Page Views

  • Posts: 4379
  • Registered: ‎03-04-2016
  • Location: India
  • Views: 66405
  • Message 4 of 5

Re:Updates are stuck at may 1 2020

2021-11-26, 5:38 AM

@ 01010101010101 wrote:

@ Agent_Sandeep wrote:

@ 01010101010101 wrote:

I bought the phone months ago and got the android 11 with the september 1 2021 security patch. I bought the same phone for a relative and it's stuck at the june 1 2020 patch with android 10. I already installed the updates for all preinstalled apps and restarted the phone. The software channel is the same for both RETEU.

Hi,

 

Welcome to Motorola forums and thank you for taking the time to post, I will try my best to help you with this. Could you please update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

 

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

Regards,

Sandip

 

I was able to update the phone with the rescue smart assistant program. I have also updated my profile with the phone info so you can check, I'd rather not have to do this again if there is another update for this model

Hi, 

 

Thank you for writing us back glad to know that Rescue and Smart Assitant helped. Do let us know if you have any further questions/concerns. We are here to help you. 

 

Regards,

Sandip



Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Reply
Options

3 Posts

11-24-2021

Italy

2 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎11-24-2021
  • Location: Italy
  • Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Updates are stuck at may 1 2020

2021-11-26, 16:00 PM

@ Agent_Sandeep wrote:

@ 01010101010101 wrote:

@ Agent_Sandeep wrote:

@ 01010101010101 wrote:

I bought the phone months ago and got the android 11 with the september 1 2021 security patch. I bought the same phone for a relative and it's stuck at the june 1 2020 patch with android 10. I already installed the updates for all preinstalled apps and restarted the phone. The software channel is the same for both RETEU.

Hi,

 

Welcome to Motorola forums and thank you for taking the time to post, I will try my best to help you with this. Could you please update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

 

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

Regards,

Sandip

 

I was able to update the phone with the rescue smart assistant program. I have also updated my profile with the phone info so you can check, I'd rather not have to do this again if there is another update for this model

Hi, 

 

Thank you for writing us back glad to know that Rescue and Smart Assitant helped. Do let us know if you have any further questions/concerns. We are here to help you. 

 

Regards,

Sandip

May I know what was the issue that couldn't let me update directly from the phone?

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms