07-24-2020

US

14 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 3

Why is assistant saying "sorry I don't understand"

2020-08-01, 13:02 PM

Hi, I rely heavily on wired headset to access my phone while it's in my pocket (motorcyclist), mostly for navigation and checking messages and making calls. Asking for 'navigation' elicits the response "sorry I don't understand". If I unlock the screen the phone does understand the command and will navigate! I can make calls, ask the time etc with the screen locked or off. 

This happens on my moto g 5g plus and my moto g4. I have partially solved this on the G4 by uninstalling google app updates. this allows navigation from lock/off screen, but it will not read msgs. If I update I can read msgs but lose navigation.

Unfortunately I can't roll back google on the newer phone far enough to get rid of the "dont understand response" Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution. Cheers, Guy.

apologies if you've deja vu, I've also posted this on google support.

Options

1651 Posts

03-11-2019

US

563 Signins

39895 Page Views

• Views: 39895
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Why is assistant saying "sorry I don't understand"

2020-08-05, 14:10 PM

Hi reaver45,

I will try my best to help you with this. We will try to test this on our phones but it might take a few days since we are just getting the phones. We'll let you know once we have tested this.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

07-24-2020

US

14 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Why is assistant saying "sorry I don't understand"

2020-08-06, 20:52 PM

Cheers Zeke, tried loads of stuff but no joy yet!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete