Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

3876 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

742 Signins

57885 Page Views

• Views: 57885
  • Message 11 of 27

Re:Google Pay Scanner Bug

2021-03-01, 15:03 PM

@ Sankcp wrote:

Any update please

We have no updates yet on this. Since this was escalated very recently, it might take a while before we can provide any information or updates. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3876 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

742 Signins

57885 Page Views

• Message 12 of 27

2021-03-01, 19:44 PM

Hello Everyone,

There is no need to send us a bug report anymore. Our team was able to reproduce the problem and trying to find out the root cause. We'll keep you updated once we heard back from the team working on this. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

03-07-2021

India

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 13 of 27

Moto One 5G / Moto G 5G ( indian Variant )QR code issue ok Paytm and GooglePay

2021-03-07, 3:41 AM

Hi,

I am facing a very wierd issue with the Paytm and GooglePay's QR code scanning mechanism to pay, in my Indian version of Moto G 5G ( indian version of 5G Ace).

In Paytm, when I open the app, the camera inside the app shows a very streched image, the QR codes appear to be elongated and hence unable to accurately capture the code in many attempts.

In Gpay, when I open the QR code scanning module, the camera gets stuck and hence cannot move the camera and capture any scanning QR code.

Attaching the images for reference. The elongated finger one is for Paytm while the frozen camera in black is of Google Pay

Screenshot_20210307-090554.png Screenshot_20210307-090535.png
Options

3 Posts

03-08-2021

India

16 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 14 of 27

2021-03-08, 14:22 PM

Please fix the gpay camera issue 

Options

3876 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

742 Signins

57885 Page Views

• Message 15 of 27

2021-03-08, 15:32 PM

@ MatrixNinja wrote:

Please fix the gpay camera issue 

Our team is still working on this. We will provide updates once we heard back from the team.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

5188 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75921 Page Views

• Views: 75921
  • Message 16 of 27

Re:Moto One 5G / Moto G 5G ( indian Variant )QR code issue ok Paytm and GooglePay

2021-03-08, 21:58 PM

@ Shashank1510 wrote:

Hi,

I am facing a very wierd issue with the Paytm and GooglePay' QR code scanning mechanism to pay, in my Indian version of Moto G 5G ( indian version of 5G Ace).

In Paytm, when I open the app, the camera inside the app shows a very streched image, the QR codes appear to be elongated and hence unable to accurately capture the code in many attempts.

In Gpay, when I open the QR code scanning module, the camera gets stuck and hence cannot move the camera and capture any scanning QR code.

Attaching the images for reference. The elongated finger one is for Paytm while the frozen camera in black is of Google Pay

Hello, I'm sorry to hear this. First, I will move this over to the Moto G 5G community. We have a topic for this already. Our engineers are actively working on it and we hope to have some new information we can share soon. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

2 Posts

03-07-2021

India

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 17 of 27

Re: Another Issue with Google Photos in Moto G 5G

2021-03-09, 11:08 AM

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your support, I bought this phone a week back and I am noticing a plenty of software bugs already, leaving the GPAY issue aside, I have also noticed another issue regarding the integration of Google Photos with this device.

I am unable to edit any portrait shots taken from my Moto G 5G phone, while clicking on the edit option on a portrait photo via Google Photos, an error pops up saying "unable to edit photos, check internet connection".I was able to edit other photos at the same time without any issue but only in the portrait pictures.

I tried restarting the phone and even updated the G-Photos app but the issue persists.

I purchased this phone with high hopes of having a clean and good android experience but the issues in such basic stuff is very irritating. These issues does not even occur in phones half the price of this one !

Kindly see through it and try to find a resolution for the same also.

Attaching image for reference.

Do let me know if any other input required.

I am sharing the link to bug report for the same too,

The error occured at 5:18 pm (Indian Standard Time +5:30)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/132r9Qo4uZfbdRGpT1WBxvYMsPFSA9Us-/view?usp=drivesdk

Screenshot_20210309-163311-465.png
Options

2562 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1151 Signins

48740 Page Views

• Views: 48740
  • Message 18 of 27

2021-03-11, 5:06 AM

@ Shashank1510 wrote:

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your support, I bought this phone a week back and I am noticing a plenty of software bugs already, leaving the GPAY issue aside, I have also noticed another issue regarding the integration of Google Photos with this device.

I am unable to edit any portrait shots taken from my Moto G 5G phone, while clicking on the edit option on a portrait photo via Google Photos, an error pops up saying "unable to edit photos, check internet connection".I was able to edit other photos at the same time without any issue but only in the portrait pictures.

I tried restarting the phone and even updated the G-Photos app but the issue persists.

I purchased this phone with high hopes of having a clean and good android experience but the issues in such basic stuff is very irritating. These issues does not even occur in phones half the price of this one !

Kindly see through it and try to find a resolution for the same also.

Attaching image for reference.

Do let me know if any other input required.

I am sharing the link to bug report for the same too,

The error occured at 5:18 pm (Indian Standard Time +5:30)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/132r9Qo4uZfbdRGpT1WBxvYMsPFSA9Us-/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi, 

Can you please try Uninstalling the app updates to see if that works? 

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

8 Posts

11-21-2017

United States of America

81 Signins

698 Page Views

• Views: 698
  • Message 19 of 27

Re: Another Issue with Google Photos in Moto G 5G

2021-03-11, 23:27 PM
Google has confirm this bug and is fixing in latest version Google Photos App. This is for portrait editing
Options

1 Posts

03-20-2021

India

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 20 of 27

2021-03-20, 9:56 AM

Hi,

I have same issue..

When I open the QR code scanning module in GPay, the camera gets freeze/stuck and hence cannot move the camera and capture any scanning QR code.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms