Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 11 of 23

Re:Jio WiFi Calling and Vi VoLTE support

2021-02-05, 16:45 PM

Hi Ronello,

Please try vivek1310yadav suggestion and let me know if it helps. If it does not help, please generate a bug report after it fails to activate the features. 

To enable developer options:
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Steps on how to generate a Bug Report:
Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced ->Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link of the Bug Report via Private Message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken.
Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

35 Posts

08-03-2017

India

37 Signins

323 Page Views

• Views: 323
  • Message 12 of 23

2021-02-08, 2:56 AM

Hello,

Wi-Fi calling started working on my Jio SIM since day before yesterday with no specific intervention from my side. As for VoLTE on Vi that works as well since day before yesterday.

However, with in both cases the relevant status bar icons are absent. With regards to Jio Wi-fi calling, I know its working only during a call when I am connected to Wi-fi.

As also for VoLTE on Vi, I only got to know its working when another Vi user with VoLTE active called.

So status bar icons are an issue in both cases now. Please check and suggest.

Regards,

Ronello

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 13 of 23

2021-02-08, 20:40 PM

@ Ronello wrote:

Hello,

Wi-Fi calling started working on my Jio SIM since day before yesterday with no specific intervention from my side. As for VoLTE on Vi that works as well since day before yesterday.

However, with in both cases the relevant status bar icons are absent. With regards to Jio Wi-fi calling, I know its working only during a call when I am connected to Wi-fi.

As also for VoLTE on Vi, I only got to know its working when another Vi user with VoLTE active called.

So status bar icons are an issue in both cases now. Please check and suggest.

Regards,

Ronello

Its nice to hear the features are working, please give us a screenshot showing the indicators you feel are showing incorrectly.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

35 Posts

08-03-2017

India

37 Signins

323 Page Views

• Message 14 of 23

2021-02-09, 17:26 PM

Hello,

Please find attached screenshots that demonstrate:

1) Jio Wifi calling shows during the call but not in the status bar.

2) Vi VoLTE is active but also not shown in the status bar.

Regards,

Ronello

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 15 of 23

2021-02-09, 18:02 PM

Hi Ronello,

Thanks for sending us the screenshot. We'll look into this further and let you know if we have some updates on this. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 16 of 23

2021-02-10, 15:27 PM

@ Ronello wrote:

Hello,

Please find attached screenshots that demonstrate:

1) Jio Wifi calling shows during the call but not in the status bar.

2) Vi VoLTE is active but also not shown in the status bar.

Regards,

Ronello

Just to confirm, the screenshot you provided is the phone that has VoLTE on the status bar but your G 5G doesn't show it? Wi-Fi calling does not show on status bar but you can see it on the quick toggle settings. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

35 Posts

08-03-2017

India

37 Signins

323 Page Views

• Message 17 of 23

2021-02-10, 16:28 PM

Hi,

To clarify:

The screenshot is from three Moto G 5G in reference itself.

The VoLTE on the status bar is for SIM 1 which is Jio. The VoLTE status icon not showing is the issue I face for Vi which is the SIM in slot 2. It shows up during calls but not in the status bar, which is the bug.

As for wi-fi calling it shows up erratically in status bar; but it shows in the call screen like in the screenshot and that is the bug I have requested to check and fix.

Regards,

Ronello

Options

35 Posts

08-03-2017

India

37 Signins

323 Page Views

• Message 18 of 23

2021-02-10, 16:29 PM
Please read 'three' as 'the'
Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 19 of 23

2021-02-11, 14:56 PM

@ Ronello wrote:

Hi,

To clarify:

The screenshot is from three Moto G 5G in reference itself.

The VoLTE on the status bar is for SIM 1 which is Jio. The VoLTE status icon not showing is the issue I face for Vi which is the SIM in slot 2. It shows up during calls but not in the status bar, which is the bug.

As for wi-fi calling it shows up erratically in status bar; but it shows in the call screen like in the screenshot and that is the bug I have requested to check and fix.

Regards,

Ronello

So, what you're describing is normal behavior. The phone will only display 1 IMS status icon and VoLTE will take precedence. Even if two VoLTE are active only one icon will show up in the status bar. Wi-Fi calling showing up will depend if the VoLTE is active or not. is This is to avoid the status bar from being cluttered.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

35 Posts

08-03-2017

India

37 Signins

323 Page Views

• Message 20 of 23

2021-02-12, 2:53 AM

Thanks. 

Please clarify, how does one find out which for which of the SIMs is Wi-fi calling and/or VoLTE active?

Something on the lines of attached screenshot from my older Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms