Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-08-2021

Sweden

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto 5G - disable/uninstall Google Voice/Assistant

2021-04-08, 11:37 AM

Hi,

my moto 5g is rather new and I'm already heavily sick and tired of it! 

I'm since days(!) looking for a comprehensive, easy to use instruction of how to disable or (rather) uninstall ALL

of Google Voice + Assistant from the phone - to no avail, though. NON of the plentiful number of 'support'

sites has been able to serve with an solution. 

I DO NOT WANT the GV/GA to be the ONLY way of ie preparin for an SMS nor a normal phone call, period!

All I wish for, is to have the key board at the bottom of the screen and be able to TYPE, letter-by-letter, number-by-number

of the contact, nothin more! Period! Is this too much to ask????

Now, in order to keep me from sending the phone to the bottom of the sea outside my door - I do not want anyone other

to have these superbly irritating issues at hand by giving away or selling the phone! - I urge you to supply a 'quick-fix', which will disable

an/or uninstall the the Google Voice + Assistan apps, and do that promptly!

//ThomasJ/thojak

Options

2432 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1129 Signins

46785 Page Views

• Views: 46785
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Moto 5G - disable/uninstall Google Voice/Assistant

2021-04-09, 5:45 AM

@ thojak wrote:

Hi,

my moto 5g is rather new and I' already heavily sick and tired of it! 

I' since days(!) looking for a comprehensive, easy to use instruction of how to disable or (rather) uninstall ALL

of Google Voice + Assistant from the phone - to no avail, though. NON of the plentiful number of ''

sites has been able to serve with an solution. 

I DO NOT WANT the GV/GA to be the ONLY way of ie preparin for an SMS nor a normal phone call, period!

All I wish for, is to have the key board at the bottom of the screen and be able to TYPE, letter-by-letter, number-by-number

of the contact, nothin more! Period! Is this too much to ask????

Now, in order to keep me from sending the phone to the bottom of the sea outside my door - I do not want anyone other

to have these superbly irritating issues at hand by giving away or selling the phone! - I urge you to supply a '-fix', which will disable

an/or uninstall the the Google Voice + Assistan apps, and do that promptly!

//ThomasJ/thojak

Hi, 

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know about this. You can't uninstall Google Assistant, but you can disable it please follow the mentioned below.

open Assistant settings".

1. Under "All settings," tap General.
  2. Turn Google Assistant on or off.

To disable the Voice typing.

You can also access your keyboard settings at Settings > System > Languages & input > Virtual keyboard > Gboard. 

Choose which settings to turn on, like Glide typing, Text correction, and Voice typing. 

Thanks

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms