Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

62 Posts

11-21-2018

India

133 Signins

1224 Page Views

• Views: 1224
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto g 5g having 2mp camera

2021-03-27, 16:54 PM

I upgraded from Moto one power to Moto g 5g and I was excited about camera expecting it to be better than Moto one power. But I am shocked becoz it is not near the Moto one power in image quality.

It is totally downgrade.

😔😔😔

Please do something to fix it otherwise I have to change this phone.

Options

4808 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3273 Signins

73561 Page Views

• Views: 73561
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Moto g 5g having 2mp camera

2021-03-29, 1:47 AM

@ AAQIF wrote:

I upgraded from Moto one power to Moto g 5g and I was excited about camera expecting it to be better than Moto one power. But I am shocked becoz it is not near the Moto one power in image quality.

It is totally downgrade.

😔😔😔

Please do something to fix it otherwise I have to change this phone.

Hello and thanks for posting. First, I'd like to clear some things up. Your title says 2MP, which is incorrect. The Moto G 5G has a 48MP main camera that uses pixel binning/Quad Pixel, so the size of photos is 12MP. This is something the moto one power did not do. The quad pixel technology is mentioned in the specs on the phone. "With Quad Pixel technology, all your shots come out sharp and bright—especially in low light. The 48 MP2 sensor delivers 4x low-light sensitivity and a large f/1.7 aperture lets in more light, so you get great results even when the lighting isn’t."  "Rear Camera Hardware 48MP (f/1.7, 0.8um), output 12MP (f/1.7, 1.6um) Quad Pixel"

The phone does not output 48MP photos.

That being said, the photos should come out looking as good if not better than what you were seeing on the moto one power. If you don't mind, please sample photos from both phones (take the same photo with both phones) I'd like to take a look at what you're seeing.

-Tom

FYI, we (the moto support team) do not actively monitor the community on the weekends so there may be delays in getting back to you.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

62 Posts

11-21-2018

India

133 Signins

1224 Page Views

• Views: 1224
  • Message 3 of 6

2021-03-29, 8:47 AM

I have sold Moto one power and bought Moto g 5g

I can't compare photos taken at same time .

I have photos captured from Moto one power and photos contains lots of details when comparing with Moto g 5g.

In Moto g 5g Details lare missing and photos contains lots of noise.

And lastly image processing is worse.

Options

2432 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1129 Signins

46760 Page Views

• Views: 46760
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-03-31, 4:32 AM

@ AAQIF wrote:

I have sold Moto one power and bought Moto g 5g

I can' compare photos taken at same time .

I have photos captured from Moto one power and photos contains lots of details when comparing with Moto g 5g.

In Moto g 5g Details lare missing and photos contains lots of noise.

And lastly image processing is worse.

Hi, 

Can you please share a few sample pictures if you any previous photos which are taken on Motorola one power, try to recreate the same and share with us so that we can check 

Thanks

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

33 Posts

12-16-2020

India

67 Signins

330 Page Views

• Views: 330
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-04-01, 0:13 AM

Hi Sandeep 

Camera is having issues . I have already escalated the issue in December and moto team reverted that camera update will be provided via OTA.

But since then 3 months has passed but no update and when ever asked for timeline , they tell team is working 

@bhi
Options

632 Posts

11-24-2020

India

100 Signins

9165 Page Views

• Views: 9165
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-04-01, 14:31 PM

@ @bhi wrote:

Hi Sandeep 

Camera is having issues . I have already escalated the issue in December and moto team reverted that camera update will be provided via OTA.

But since then 3 months has passed but no update and when ever asked for timeline , they tell team is working 

Hi @bhi, 

I apologize for the delay in resolving your concern. I have checked and our team still trying to get improvement for the Camera. Please wait, once we learn more on this will get back to you. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms