Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

33 Posts

12-16-2020

India

67 Signins

330 Page Views

• Views: 330
  • Message 1 of 31

Query about 5g service

2020-12-25, 12:08 PM

Dear Team ,

Please confirm will it show 5g network once 5g is available

Currently it doesn't show 5g while searching network.

And also confirm weather it supports SA& NSA both ??

@bhi
Answer
Options

3604 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

724 Signins

55790 Page Views

• Views: 55790

Re:Query about 5g service

2020-12-30, 15:03 PM

@ @bhi wrote:

My carrier service provider is Jio.

Currently we don' have 5G service in India . That' why I want to know once 5G service s are available will this phone show 5G network or any software update will be provided

Thanks for the information. Since 5G is not yet available in India, we haven't done any test for the carriers. Once it is available we will to test it on our phones but we cannot guarantee if this will be supported on all or some carriers in India. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support 

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Replies(30)
Options

3604 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

724 Signins

55790 Page Views

• Message 2 of 31

2020-12-28, 19:35 PM

Hi @bhi,

Thanks for posting your question here. The phone will show that it is connected to a 5G network on the status bar on the top display. For the SA and NSA, may we know what is your phone's carrier? 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

33 Posts

12-16-2020

India

67 Signins

330 Page Views

• Views: 330
  • Message 3 of 31

2020-12-29, 2:39 AM

Currently we don't have 5G service in India . That's why I want to know once 5G service s are available will this phone show 5G network or any software update will be provided

@bhi
Answer
Options

3604 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

724 Signins

55790 Page Views

• Message 4 of 31

2020-12-30, 15:03 PM

@ @bhi wrote:

Currently we don' have 5G service in India . That' why I want to know once 5G service s are available will this phone show 5G network or any software update will be provided

Thanks for the information. Since 5G is not yet available in India, we haven't done any test for the carriers. Once it is available we will to test it on our phones but we cannot guarantee if this will be supported on all or some carriers in India. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

32 Posts

08-03-2017

India

32 Signins

263 Page Views

• Views: 263
  • Message 5 of 31

2021-02-08, 3:21 AM

Hello,

A related query. As for now we have no clarity on the band on which 5G would be launched. We have been getting mixed information in the media suggesting it could be 

Jio: n78, n257, n258

Airtel: 1800Mhz, 2100MHz, 2300MHz , 800MHz ,900MHz

What I am requesting to know is this, would you enable a certain 5G frequency on the phone via OTA if it were not already available on the phone?

Options

3604 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

724 Signins

55790 Page Views

• Message 6 of 31

2021-02-08, 19:21 PM

@ Ronello wrote:

Hello,

A related query. As for now we have no clarity on the band on which 5G would be launched. We have been getting mixed information in the media suggesting it could be 

Jio: n78, n257, n258

Airtel: 1800Mhz, 2100MHz, 2300MHz , 800MHz ,900MHz

What I am requesting to know is this, would you enable a certain 5G frequency on the phone via OTA if it were not already available on the phone?

The bands listed are the bands that are supported on the device. Bands are not generally added via software updates as they are limited by hardware.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

32 Posts

08-03-2017

India

32 Signins

263 Page Views

• Message 7 of 31

2021-02-09, 16:58 PM

On a general basis I agree. However, these days most phones share hardware but licensing agreements dictate what features are made available on a particular model.

That is where my question came from. From such a standpoint, would it be done for Moto G 5G is what I have tried to ask and find out?

Many people now a days are able to unlock frequency bands on models once they are out of warranty only because the hardware support exists but locked.

Options

3604 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

724 Signins

55790 Page Views

• Message 8 of 31

2021-02-11, 14:49 PM

@ Ronello wrote:

On a general basis I agree. However, these days most phones share hardware but licensing agreements dictate what features are made available on a particular model.

That is where my question came from. From such a standpoint, would it be done for Moto G 5G is what I have tried to ask and find out?

Many people now a days are able to unlock frequency bands on models once they are out of warranty only because the hardware support exists but locked.

Bands are not generally added via software updates as they are limited by hardware. The bands listed on the specifications are the bands that are supported on the device.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

32 Posts

08-03-2017

India

32 Signins

263 Page Views

• Message 9 of 31

2021-02-12, 2:47 AM

Hello,

Thank you. The Moto G 5G page on Motorola India website makes no mention of the supported bands in its specifications section as you will see here:

https://www.motorola.in/smartphones-moto-g-5g/p

The supported bands are mentioned in the Moto G 5G page on Flipkart where it is sold.

https://www.flipkart.com/moto-g-5g-volcanic-grey-128-gb/p/itm5bafe435ec358

But e-commerce portals are not as reliable as the manufacturer on any given day. Its Youtube reviewers who have contacted Motorola to confirm the bands support for the Indian model. I would still request to please confirm the bands support as mentioned on Flipkart or list out the bands supported here. Thanks in advance.

Options

3604 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

724 Signins

55790 Page Views

• Message 10 of 31

2021-02-12, 14:44 PM

@ Ronello wrote:

Hello,

Thank you. The Moto G 5G page on Motorola India website makes no mention of the supported bands in its specifications section as you will see here:

https://www.motorola.in/smartphones-moto-g-5g/p

The supported bands are mentioned in the Moto G 5G page on Flipkart where it is sold.

https://www.flipkart.com/moto-g-5g-volcanic-grey-128-gb/p/itm5bafe435ec358

But e-commerce portals are not as reliable as the manufacturer on any given day. Its Youtube reviewers who have contacted Motorola to confirm the bands support for the Indian model. I would still request to please confirm the bands support as mentioned on Flipkart or list out the bands supported here. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for pointing that out, we'll request to post the supported bands on our website. For Flipkart, the supported bands stated there are correct. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms