Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

02-25-2021

India

12 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 2

Restore data to MOTOg 5g from Samsung Smart switch

2021-03-22, 17:00 PM

Is it possible to restore data I saved in my laptop using smart switch from my old samsung galaxy phone to MOTOg 5g. Is there any tool available?

Options

4808 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3273 Signins

73561 Page Views

• Views: 73561
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Restore data to MOTOg 5g from Samsung Smart switch

2021-03-23, 0:48 AM

@ Sankcp wrote:

Is it possible to restore data I saved in my laptop using smart switch from my old samsung galaxy phone to MOTOg 5g. Is there any tool available?

Hello and thanks for posting. Unfortunately, this is not possible. Per the Samsung Smart Switch FAQs: "You may only transfer content from a non-Galaxy phone to a Galaxy phone with Smart Switch; it does not work the other way around.". So the Smart Switch program is only able to restore to a Samsung device. It cannot restore to any other manufacturer's devices. That being said, if you still have your old Samsung device, we might be able to help you use other methods to backup and restore your content onto the Moto G 5G. Just let us know and we'll do whatever we can to help.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms