Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

23 Posts

01-19-2021

India

20 Signins

235 Page Views

• Views: 235
  • Message 1 of 7

"Screenshot saved" notification no longer displayed after android 11

2021-10-13, 5:13 AM

After taking a screenshot, both the small preview at the bottom left corner of the screen and the "screenshot saved, tap to view your screenshot" notification was displayed previously in android 10. Since android 11 upgrade, the screenshot saved notification is no longer there and as soon as the small preview window is gone, there's no way to quickly view or delete the screenshot other than going to gallery and navigating to the screenshots folder. Please bring the notification back as it is very helpful to quickly delete, view or share a screenshot even at a later stage than those few seconds the preview window lasts. 

Interestingly, in the system ui notification settings, the "screenshots" toggle is still there. But it doesn't function. Tried turning it on and off (Screenshot attached)

Screenshot_20211013-104453.png
Options

5309 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

654 Signins

55182 Page Views

• Views: 55182
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:"Screenshot saved" notification no longer displayed after android 11

2021-10-13, 13:22 PM

Hi @ aditya446,

Thanks for reaching out to us that screenshot notification no longer shows up after android 11. We'll try our best to help. For us to further assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions and suggest some troubleshooting steps.

Can you please try to do reset app preferences and see if all app settings will get back to default?

1. To do this, go to Settings
  2. Apps & notification
  3. See all
  4. Tap 3 vertical dots on top
  5. Show System 
  6. Tap 3 vertical dots on top
  7. Reset App preferences

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

23 Posts

01-19-2021

India

20 Signins

235 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-10-14, 6:33 AM

Tried the above steps. This did not solve the issue, instead I lost all default app and permission settings :( Now I have to reconfigure everything.

Options

1079 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

129 Signins

10827 Page Views

• Views: 10827
  • Message 4 of 7

2021-10-20, 21:32 PM

@ aditya446 wrote:

Tried the above steps. This did not solve the issue, instead I lost all default app and permission settings :( Now I have to reconfigure everything.

Hi  @ aditya446 ,

Sorry to hear this. I would like to help. Could you please confirm if you have the Screenshot toolkit enabled in Settings > Display > Screenshot toolkit? You may have to tap on Advanced first to find this setting. Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

23 Posts

01-19-2021

India

20 Signins

235 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-10-21, 20:27 PM

I tried opening screenshot toolkit like you said, but I found that the option wasn't there even after expanding the 'advanced' options. So I ran a search in settings with the keyword "screenshot" and still the option to turn on or off screenshot toolkit did not come (screenshot attached). Instead, the app info screen for the screenshot editor came. 

However, the problem is not with the toolkit. It still shows up correctly when a screenshot is taken. In fact I took the currently attached scrolling screenshot with the toolkit itself. But the "screenshot saved" notification that accompanied the toolkit after the small preview window went away doesn't appear now.

Screenshot_20211022-012705.png Screenshot_20211022-015607.png
Options

1079 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

129 Signins

10827 Page Views

• Views: 10827
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-10-21, 21:17 PM

@ aditya446 wrote:

I tried opening screenshot toolkit like you said, but I found that the option wasn't there even after expanding the 'advanced' options. So I ran a search in settings with the keyword "screenshot" and still the option to turn on or off screenshot toolkit did not come (screenshot attached). Instead, the app info screen for the screenshot editor came. 

However, the problem is not with the toolkit. It still shows up correctly when a screenshot is taken. In fact I took the currently attached scrolling screenshot with the toolkit itself. But the "screenshot saved" notification that accompanied the toolkit after the small preview window went away doesn't appear now.

Hi @ aditya446 ,

Thanks for the screenshot and for clarifying this. To verify, are you referring to the screenshot icon at the top notification bar? 

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

23 Posts

01-19-2021

India

20 Signins

235 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-10-22, 3:25 AM

Yes. I am referring to this notification that was previously displayed immediately after taking a screenshot:

This is from a different device just for demonstration. Up until android 10, this was displayed in my moto g 5g too. After android 11 it no longer works. Please re-read the original post above for more clarity.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms