Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

06-10-2017

India

273 Signins

2704 Page Views

• Views: 2704
  • Message 1 of 6

Work profile turning on without asking for pin/pattern

2021-10-12, 4:30 AM

Hello,

I'm facing one issue, before the Android 11 update when I turn on my Work profile, I asked to draw my pattern/pin to enable it, but now after the update the work profile turn on without asking the pattern/pin.

I tried removing my work profile and adding again, also tried this in safe mode, but still it turned on without authentication.

Kindly address this issue.

Answer
Options

24 Posts

06-10-2017

India

273 Signins

2704 Page Views

Re:Work profile turning on without asking for pin/pattern

2021-10-16, 8:02 AM

Hi,

I googled and found some information on official Android site for Android 11 which says- "When a user turns on their work profile, they no longer have to enter their work passcode if it's the same as their device passcode"

My work passcode is same as my device passcode, this is the reason. Now I set a different passcode for my Work Profile.

My issue is solved.

Replies(5)
Options

5309 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

654 Signins

55182 Page Views

• Views: 55182
  • Message 2 of 6

2021-10-12, 15:04 PM

Hi @ VaibhavPhadke,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your Work Profile after Android 11. For us to further assist you, we'd like to ask for more details.

Have you tried to restart the phone?

Have you tried to follow the steps here since it's just updated to the latest update?

Have you tried to reset the app preferences? If not, here's how:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Apps & notification
  3. See all
  4. Tap 3 vertical dots on top
  5. Show System
  6. Tap 3 vertical dots on top
  7. Reset App preferences

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

24 Posts

06-10-2017

India

273 Signins

2704 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-10-13, 2:57 AM

Hi,

I tried all of the steps you mentioned, but still Work Profile turning on without authentication.

Options

5309 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

654 Signins

55182 Page Views

• Views: 55182
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-10-13, 20:43 PM

@ VaibhavPhadke wrote:

Hi,

I tried all of the steps you mentioned, but still Work Profile turning on without authentication.

Hi @ VaibhavPhadke,

Thanks for confirming. Have you tried to update all of your apps? Have you already tried to put it in Safe mode? Have you tried to reset the phone since it happens after the Android 11 update?

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Answer
Options

24 Posts

06-10-2017

India

273 Signins

2704 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-10-16, 8:02 AM

Hi,

I googled and found some information on official Android site for Android 11 which says- "When a user turns on their work profile, they no longer have to enter their work passcode if it's the same as their device passcode"

My work passcode is same as my device passcode, this is the reason. Now I set a different passcode for my Work Profile.

My issue is solved.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1079 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

129 Signins

10827 Page Views

• Views: 10827
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-10-20, 21:06 PM

@ VaibhavPhadke wrote:

Hi,

My issue is solved.

Hi @ VaibhavPhadke ,

Sorry for the wait. Thanks for the update as well. I'm glad you were able to find the cause and found a fix. I hope others would find this helpful. Feel free to reach back out if you need our help. 

If you see a pop-up for a survey (and you choose to take it), the feedback/ratings you provide are based on your experience here on the Motorola Community and with myself and/or our Moto Agents.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms