Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

1628 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

161 Signins

15984 Page Views

• Views: 15984
  • Message 91 of 95

Re:android 11

2021-10-23, 16:13 PM

@ Rishu96 wrote:

Hello,

I have been waiting for good 6 months now there is android 11 update for Moto G 5G even motorola G8 power has an update to 11.

Moto g8 power costs around 180 euro and Moto g 5g almost double but still no update

Why is this? I am really frustrated is there any way to reclaim my money ?

Hi @ Rishu96 ,

I understand that getting the latest update is important. Updates are sent to devices in batches and not at once. This is why other users got the update and some haven't received it yet. Once the update is pushed and ready for download, a notification will appear on your phone. We appreciate your understanding.

I also merged your post to an existing topic in the community. Please refrain from creating new topics without checking on existing topics. It creates clutter on the site and will be difficult to follow. Thank you.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

10-30-2021

India

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 92 of 95

OTA update option not getting updated.

2021-10-30, 5:33 AM

Got to see from the Motorola website that the android 11 update has been released in India for the phone on Oct 7. However the update option is not coming up on my phone despite doing a manual check. If anyone has an idea about this, kindly help. Thanks

Options

1628 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

161 Signins

15984 Page Views

• Views: 15984
  • Message 93 of 95

Re:OTA update option not getting updated.

2021-10-30, 19:41 PM

@ chandytk wrote:

Got to see from the Motorola website that the android 11 update has been released in India for the phone on Oct 7. However the update option is not coming up on my phone despite doing a manual check. If anyone has an idea about this, kindly help. Thanks

Hi @ chandytk ,

Updates are sent to devices in batches and not at once. This is why other users receives the update first while others have to wait until the update is pushed for their devices.

You can also try using the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool by downloading it on your computer. This will help reload the system software and check for updates. Please take note that using this tool will delete your phone data so, we recommend doing a backup before this step. Please visit https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/utils/prod_guided_assistant/g_id/5196 for available backup options.

You can download the RSA tool to your computer from this link: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/158726

What you need:

• A Windows PC that meets the recommended minimum configurations (Please refer to the above link)
  • USB or USB-C cable
  • Rescue and Smart Assistant installed to your PC
  • 2 GB of available disk memory
  • Broadband internet connection

The interactive tutorial on how to use the Rescue feature can be found here: https://www.motorola-support.com/us-en/?page=device/motorola/motorola-device/topic/reset/how-to-flash-rescue-your-device/1

Hope it helps.

I also merged your post to a similar topic in the community. When posting, please search for an existing topic first before creating a new topic. This will help topics easier to follow and avoids clutter on the site.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

11-01-2018

Poland

7 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 94 of 95

AND 11 update moto g 5g

2021-11-01, 21:17 PM

When is AND 11 update coming to Motorol g 5g in europe, Poland ?

This is totally unacceptable  we have been waiting for good 8 months.

Thank you

Options

6208 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

708 Signins

60532 Page Views

• Views: 60532
  • Message 95 of 95

Re:AND 11 update moto g 5g

2021-11-01, 21:31 PM

Hi @ Rishu96,

I understand how important this update is to you. However, we do not have any timing yet on when it will be deployed in Poland. Updates are not deployed at once as it comes in batches depending on the region. We'll update everyone here as soon as we hear some news.

We merged your post to an existing thread. Please do not start new threads with existing thread/s on the same topic. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. There is already a long discussion on this here, so please post here. Thanks.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms