Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g fast
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

01-27-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 14

Beyond awful phone call issues. Help!! please.

2021-02-08, 22:46 PM

On my G fast, when on an automated call, when I'm asked to "choose an option", I can't. I push a number, but it doesn't go through. Can't EVEN CALL TECH SUPPORT. Also I can't hang up. Yep. I said it right. I deserve a new one, but I think they said to pay for new one, and they'd reimburse me... Not.

Help please. Thank you.

Answer
Options

13 Posts

01-27-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

55 Page Views

Formatting. Didn't know, still don't understand

2021-02-10, 9:36 AM

Hi,

I recently bought an SD card. I was about out of storage, much of it temporary downloads from YouTube Premium and Spotify..6 GBs.

Anyway, I began moving stuff (except the above, which Google says you can't, for saved files)...But I am now being asked if I want to format the SD card. First off, won't that delete everything on the card? I do remember formatting floppies and it did just that. Secondly,what does formatting do? Does it change the mapping of what drive is the primary one? Back in the day, I was just told, "The disk won't work unless it's formatted." So, I'm curious. Thanks!

Replies(13)
Options

4904 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74181 Page Views

• Views: 74181
  • Message 2 of 14

Re:Beyond awful phone call issues. Help!! please.

2021-02-09, 2:06 AM

@ AOPortraits wrote:

On my G fast, when on an automated call, when I' asked to "choose an option", I can'. I push a number, but it doesn' go through. Can' EVEN CALL TECH SUPPORT. Also I can' hang up. Yep. I said it right. I deserve a new one, but I think they said to pay for new one, and they' reimburse me... Not.

Help please. Thank you.

Sorry to see you're having this issue. Can you check the following setting (Phone app > Menu (3 dots on the top right) > Settings > Sounds and vibration > Advanced > Ensure that Dial pad tones are enabled). If that's turned on then try the following (Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Menu (3 dots on the top right) > Reset app preferences > Reset apps).

Let me know if either of those help.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

13 Posts

01-27-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 3 of 14

2021-02-09, 12:09 PM

Thanks so much, Tom! It never crossed my mind, or others I asked. I forgot that sound transmits signals, too. But I'm an artist, not a...science person. Late this afternoon I discovered my phone was hanging up again. It sounds crazy, but that problems intermittent. Hey, it could be the hang up sound... hmmm🤔 thanks

Options

13 Posts

01-27-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 4 of 14

2021-02-10, 9:29 AM

Hi,

I recently bought an SD card. I was about out of storage, much of it temporary downloads from YouTube Premium and Spotify..6 GBs.

Anyway, I began moving stuff (except the above, which Google says you can't, for saved files)...But I am now being asked if I want to format the SD card. First off, won't that delete everything on the card? I do remember formatting floppies and it did just that. Secondly,what does formatting do? Does it change the mapping of what drive is the primary one? Back in the day, I was just told, "The disk won't work unless it's formatted." So, I'm curious. Thanks!

Answer
Options

13 Posts

01-27-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 5 of 14

2021-02-10, 9:36 AM

Hi,

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

13 Posts

01-27-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 6 of 14

2021-02-10, 9:37 AM
Sorry for num 2
Options

13098 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1258 Signins

170845 Page Views

• Views: 170845
  • Message 7 of 14

2021-02-10, 14:31 PM

Hi AOPortraits

I am now being asked if I want to format the SD card. First off, won't that delete everything on the card? 

When you use an SD card, the phone will ask you to format it. It will delete the files on the SD card when you format it. 

Secondly,what does formatting do? Does it change the mapping of what drive is the primary one? 

You can format the SD card as internal or portable. See here how they differ. Usually, when you set the SD card as internal, you will have a shared storage with the phone's internal memory. 

Back in the day, I was just told, "The disk won't work unless it's formatted.

When the SD card is set as internal, you can't use it on other device unless you format it again. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

13 Posts

01-27-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 8 of 14

Re:Beyond awful phone. THIS IS WAY BEYOND A GLITCH

2021-02-12, 2:25 AM

Okay, this is now the second time this particular incident occurred, and it is beyond upsetting.

I checked my six voicemail messages. ONCE AGAIN, I could not enter an option, even though I turned on the audio for beeping sounds (as suggested). Not only did it not respond to my 7 delete when I pressed it, suddenly it DELETED THAT MESSAGE, BEGAN PLAYING EACH SUBSEQUENT MESSAGE FOR 5 SECONDS,

THEN STARTING DELETING EACH ONE. I PRESSED NOTHING! NOTHING AND IT KEPT AUTODELETING.

I could NOT hang up. I could not shut down the phone, AND THE BATTERY CAN'T be accessed. The only message I heard was from the Orange County Courts (no, I'm not a criminal, just someone who smoked a cigarette in a Santa Ana "park" 2 years ago and face a trial and 8 hrs. community service).

So my messages are important. Every message matters to everyone. I feel like my mail's been tampered with, and this is criminal. Who knows if, say, HUD in San Francico, or the DOJ called, because they have, recently over stuff.

What should I do? Can I retrieve the messages (again important legal matters)? I am so frustrated. I feel victimized. Were it my mail, whoever did this is committing a felony against me and the Federal Gov. If it is the gov, whatever... If it's just a glitch, or a setting, please tell me how this is happening, acutely, not chronically. These things happen sometimes. A virus is consistent, I thought.

Meanwhile, a Microsoft fake news ad page shows up on Google on my other phone. But it doesn't show up in Google Home Page settings. I deserve a free, no charge me to ship and wait...Moto phone that doesn't comoromise my safety and security. And pay for me switching to Metro PCS, where this did not happen (this is Boost!) Thanks.

Options

13 Posts

01-27-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 9 of 14

2021-02-13, 0:49 AM

Thanks again, Rich. Two quick queries: 1) What do I do if it says my phone ia not routed, and I hardly even know what routed means. Is this a bad thing, like when my phone told me I'm not the Administrator of my phone  And it showed 2 accounts on my phone, and I was one. I think I deleted my administration. Other people probably don't have these problems, huh? Just know every event is real. Maybe it's because I fired my Google Assistant. She interrupted me. It was insubordination in my book. Sorry. Just a little levity. 2) Any way to fet rid of random glitches at the worst times. Not able to pick up a call. Is it crazy to think either aliens or somebody finds me of interest..interesting, huh? All the best. Not trying to be weird, just am.

Options

13098 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1258 Signins

170845 Page Views

• Views: 170845
  • Message 10 of 14

2021-02-16, 14:50 PM

Hi AOPortraits

Thank you for your reply. Looks like at this point, I would suggest doing a full factory data reset without restoring your backup (Settings > System > Reset Options > Factory Data Reset). Just backup your important apps/files so you won't lose them. As for the voicemail, try contacting your carrier and see if they can check or recover those delete voicemails. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms