Options

10 Posts

11-23-2020

Canada

26 Signins

195 Page Views

• Views: 195
  • Message 11 of 14

Re:Beyond awful phone call issues. Help!! please.

2021-02-23, 8:28 AM

Is there 2-3  diff. issues  posted within this one thread ?

Regards  the last one, is it a tech' issue or ;

Maybe  "SIM Swap Fraud" casualty   ?

_ Have you used the same login creds' for your  service provider account as other  websites  ?  

I'm no techie,   but that was basic query from within a forum topic thread posted by my  service provider, within the 'community forum' . 

Here is one of many articles via google about the fraud ;

https://www.welivesecurity.com/2020/11/26/sim-swap-scam-what-it-is-how-protect-yourself/

Good luck !

- Doug

p.s. Edit / Update;  

Link to cell' service provider (Public Mobile)  forum thread "SIM Swap Fraud" ;

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/m-p/650969

Excerpt;

"Use strong and unique passwords for each of your accounts: using the same password across multiple accounts is a hacker’s jackpot. When you use the same password across different accounts, remember that once they successfully hack one account, they’ve hacked them all.  

Options

11 Posts

01-27-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 12 of 14

2021-02-23, 9:50 AM

Are you inferring that I did something fraudulent? I wouldn't even know how to, or why. And I never removed my SIM card. I did a reset and it may have helped. If you're not a techie, perhaps you shouldn't be making accusations.

Options

11 Posts

01-27-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 13 of 14

2021-02-23, 9:57 AM

Sorry. I jumped the gun. I didn't read the article. Thank you for posting it. I do feel that I may have been... some kind if victim..not that I have good credit or anything. Oops. May have said too much. Thanks again.

Options

4291 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3230 Signins

69776 Page Views

• Views: 69776
  • Message 14 of 14

2021-02-23, 14:54 PM

@ AOPortraits wrote:

Sorry. I jumped the gun. I didn' read the article. Thank you for posting it. I do feel that I may have been... some kind if victim..not that I have good credit or anything. Oops. May have said too much. Thanks again.

Hello, while SIM swapping/or cloning IMEIs/SIMS is possible, it's very rare and highly unlikely. Personally, I feel the article is written to shock people. That being said, you mentioned you performed the factory reset and things seemed better. Is that still the case? Is your phone performing better now?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms