Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g fast
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 14

Front Facing Camera White Screen

2021-07-21, 15:44 PM

Hello! When I access my front facing camera, by quick action or pressing the icon, the screen is completely white. The little focus icon is there, it will take a photo and video but all that shows up is the white screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot_20210721-114201.png
Options

755 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

103 Signins

7934 Page Views

• Views: 7934
  • Message 2 of 14

Re:Front Facing Camera White Screen

2021-07-21, 20:54 PM

Hi @KLeigh ,

Thanks for writing to us. I apologize you're having difficulties with your phone. Can you tell me what you were doing before it started? Can you also check the physical camera to make sure that it is not blocked? If you have a case, please remove it first then test the front camera again.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,
Mary
Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 14

2021-07-22, 0:14 AM

Thank you for responding!

It worked one morning and then not the next. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary-no updates, setting changes. I took off the clear case and wiped the lens itself (which looks fine) and there was no improvement.

Options

755 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

103 Signins

7934 Page Views

• Message 4 of 14

2021-07-22, 21:21 PM

@ KLeigh wrote:

Thank you for responding!

It worked one morning and then not the next. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary-no updates, setting changes. I took off the clear case and wiped the lens itself (which looks fine) and there was no improvement.

Hi @KLeigh

I appreciate the details and for trying the suggested steps. Let's try additional troubleshooting steps. After each troubleshooting step, check to see if the camera is fixed:

1. Turn your phone off and then on again.
2. Clear the cache for the Camera app. (Settings > Apps & notifications > See all xx apps > Camera > Storage)

• Clear cache - To free up space by removing temporary files.

• Clear storage - Delete all data saved in the app. Be careful - there’s no way to undo this

3. Check for updates to your Camera app. (Play Store > Touch on your initial or picture > Manage apps & device > Updates)

4. On the Updates tab, look for the Moto Camera 2 app.

• If you see it, touch Update next to its name.
• If you don't see it, you already have the newest version of the app.

Please try these steps and let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 14

2021-07-23, 16:41 PM

Hi,

Tried all the steps but still nothing but a white screen. Phone freezes up in camera app when I turn it to front facing and I can't use any of the camera settings. I have to tap the home key on the bottom to get out of it. When I reopen it I can quickly turn it to the other camera, but if I hesitate it freezes.

Options

755 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

103 Signins

7934 Page Views

• Message 6 of 14

2021-07-23, 18:50 PM

Hi @KLeigh ,

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps. Can you share the current available storage space in Settings > Storage? Do you have an SD card inserted on your phone? If yes, please remove the SD card from the device then test the camera.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Options

7 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 7 of 14

2021-07-26, 18:57 PM

My internal shared storage is 22.72 GB used of 33.00 GB and my SD card is 21.25 GB used of 31.91 GB.

I removed the SD card but no change.

Options

4717 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

626 Signins

51997 Page Views

• Views: 51997
  • Message 8 of 14

2021-07-26, 20:53 PM

@ KLeigh wrote:

My internal shared storage is 22.72 GB used of 33.00 GB and my SD card is 21.25 GB used of 31.91 GB.

I removed the SD card but no change.

Hi @KLeigh 

Thanks for providing this information. Can you tell if it has the same thing for other third party camera app and see if the white screen still appears?

Have you also tried putting it into Safe mode? If not, here's how:

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Once your phone is in Safe mode, try to run camera app and see if it has the same thing. Take note that this won't delete any of your data. It will only allow you to run the device with just default apps to figure out if third party apps are triggering your camera to get busy. If the error didn't occur while in Safe mode, we suggest uninstalling the latest app you installed (uninstall one by one) until you figure out which one is doing this to your camera.

Keep us posted. Thanks.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

7 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 9 of 14

2021-08-02, 16:40 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by third party camera app. There is the "camera tuner"...?

I tried the camera in safe mode and same problem. I uninstalled the last several apps one by one and no change.

Options

4717 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

626 Signins

51997 Page Views

• Views: 51997
  • Message 10 of 14

2021-08-02, 21:30 PM

Hi KLeigh,

Thanks for checking the camera app while in Safe mode. Third party camera apps are those apps which can be downloaded from Play store and which are not preinstalled on the phone such as Snapchat and others similar to this app.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms