Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g fast
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1 of 10

No way to transfer recent texts to my G Fast

2021-03-02, 3:06 AM

I found out today there is no real Tech Support available for Motorola. It was the most worthless customer service experience I ever had. Texts didn't from my old moto phone to my new Moto G Fast, and there is no existing solution for this. That's literally what they said to me. No way to transfer recent texts to my new device. I can see texts from several years ago, but nothing recent. How does that make any sense? 

I really needed to hang onto some of these text threads that were business related. If I'd knew they'd be disappearing, I would have planned ahead, or chosen a different brand. I'll be returning this phone now and taking business elsewhere. This has cost me a lot of time.  

Answer
Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

60 Page Views

Re:No way to transfer recent texts to my G Fast

2021-03-10, 20:00 PM

Well, it looks like this was the place to come for support! Thank you Agent Rich, Zeke and Becky. With your help, I was able to back up my texts to Google Drive using SMS Backup & Restore, and load them into my new Moto Fast. Now I don't have to go through the trouble of replacing it. I hope other customers come here for help when needed, and that Moto improves their phone support line. You guys did everything you could to help me resolve the issue, and it worked! Good thing I found you, because I was prepared to give up. Moto can thank you for keeping me as a customer, because they almost lost me for good. This is the kind of care I appreciate and respect. Thanks again!

Replies(9)
Options

13079 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1254 Signins

170695 Page Views

• Views: 170695
  • Message 2 of 10

2021-03-02, 14:35 PM

Hi jhawk4321

Sorry you experienced this. I will try my best to help you with this. On the old phone you can try turning off Google backup and turning it back on to get a new backup. Then do a factory data reset on the new phone and choose set it up again choosing to restore from the cloud backup. But keep in mind, stock android/Google backup does not backup/restore MMS messages. You can also try third party apps like SMS Backup & Restore to backup the message to Google Drive and then use the same app on your new phone to restore them from Google Drive. I hope that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2021-03-02, 20:01 PM

Thank you Rich. That is already about 100 times more helpful than Moto's customer support. Didn't offer a single suggestion. They just told me there was nothing that I could do, and when I told them that I would be returning my device and taking my business elsewhere, I just got a long pause and then the rep continued reading off of her script like a robot. She asked if there's anything else she can do to help me today? I told her clearly there is nothing that Moto can do to help me with this problem, so I won't be contacting them again for anything. The immediate reply was - thank you very much if there is anything else we can do for you please contact us anytime. I literally JUST said I wouldn't be contacting or doing business with Motorola anymore. Was I talking to a robot? Total absurdity and zero humanity. 

Anyway, because of that highly negative experience, your suggestions are very much appreciated and I will try them all. That is still a lot more troubleshooting than I care to spend time on. At this point I am ready to just return the phone and switch to another brand. That is what I will do if this doesn't work, because this is eaten up a lot of my time and that is not okay. 

Options

13079 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1254 Signins

170695 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2021-03-03, 15:15 PM

Hi jhawk4321

Again, I apologize for the experience you had on the phone, I completely understand if you decide to return the phone as a result. Please do at least let us know the results of our suggestions. Even if they didn't work for you. We will do our best to make your experience with us better. 

As for the experience you had with our call center. We will look into that from our end to ensure the proper feedback is given to help improve their troubleshooting. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2021-03-05, 6:43 AM

Greetings Rich,

Still trying to carve out another half-full day of my time to troubleshooting. I have already received a return label from my provider who I bought the phone through, but I will attempt these suggestions before I make my final decision. Hope to follow up within the next few days - at least by Mon, and I will follow up with the results. 

And yes, please do pass along my experience on the phone with Motorola. It definitely left a bad taste in my mouth..

Thanks again. 

Options

3595 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

723 Signins

55725 Page Views

• Views: 55725
  • Message 6 of 10

2021-03-05, 15:23 PM

Hi jhawk4321,

We have already escalated your experience. If you want, we can have someone contact you and help you with the troubleshooting we provided. Please let me know if you need help so that we may pass the message along. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2021-03-07, 22:48 PM

Greetings Zeke,

Yes I would like someone to reach out and help me with troubleshooting. I was contacted by technical support via email ref# 210302-002735.

I was instructed to provide my times of availability and I was supposed to be contacted for further support but I received no follow-up

Let me know how to get in contact so we can set up a time to connect. 

Thank you

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2021-03-08, 17:06 PM

Preparing to attempt these suggestions now and see if I can get anywhere with troubleshooting (because that's how I love to spend my morning off). 

PM sent to Agent Zeke. Please follow up when you can. 

Thanks

Answer
Options

6 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2021-03-10, 20:00 PM

Well, it looks like this was the place to come for support! Thank you Agent Rich, Zeke and Becky. With your help, I was able to back up my texts to Google Drive using SMS Backup & Restore, and load them into my new Moto Fast. Now I don't have to go through the trouble of replacing it. I hope other customers come here for help when needed, and that Moto improves their phone support line. You guys did everything you could to help me resolve the issue, and it worked! Good thing I found you, because I was prepared to give up. Moto can thank you for keeping me as a customer, because they almost lost me for good. This is the kind of care I appreciate and respect. Thanks again!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

13079 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1254 Signins

170695 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2021-03-11, 14:56 PM

Hi jhawk4321

Thanks for publicly posting this as well. I replied to you via pm. We can't thank you enough for trusting us to help you. We're all glad to help. @MotorolaTom also help us with this as we raise this concern to him. Again, please let us know if you need future assistance. We're always here to help.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms