Options

4 Posts

09-15-2020

US

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 7

Text notifications will not vibrate on incoming texts.

2020-09-15, 21:28 PM

I just purchased a new Moto G Fast and have had it for only a few days. I have done all the normal setup and everything to where I like it, however I cannot get the phone to vibrate when incoming texts come in. The vibration works because it vibrates on other things. I looked in both the setting for the messenger and the sound notifications and they both have the vibration on in them. I don't know if there is another location to go or not. It doesn't matter the setting if either on sound or vibration setting it just won't vibrate on incoming text.

Options

10637 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1118 Signins

151099 Page Views

• Views: 151099
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Text notifications will not vibrate on incoming texts.

2020-09-16, 17:36 PM

Hi CAPreston,

Let me help you with this. It could just be some sort of settings. Are you using the stock Messages app by Google? Check if you have an option to set the vibration in the Settings > Apps & notification > see all > Messages > Notification > Enable Vibrate. While on the same setting, try clearing the app's data as well. Please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

09-15-2020

US

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2020-09-16, 22:07 PM

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am using the default messaging on the phone, and yes have done that as I said before. However what you mention where to go does not match what is on the phone. On my phone it goes Settings > Apps & notification > see all > Messages > Notification > (2 options: Default & Silent Notifications) Default> Enable Vibrate. Yes the vibrate is on like I said in the op above, and still not vibrating..... Also to know I have the "Default" option selected as well

Options

10637 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1118 Signins

151099 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2020-09-17, 13:20 PM

Hi CAPreston,

Thanks for clarifying, sorry I was thinking if you set in the app's settings. Can you quick test this in safe mode?

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Also, I searched around and some users said disabling power saving mode/battery saver fixes it. Please let me know. Thanks,

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

09-15-2020

US

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2020-09-18, 0:50 AM

I tried it in safe mode and had people text me, with no success. I also check and my phone is not in battery saver mode either.

Options

4 Posts

09-15-2020

US

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2020-09-18, 17:43 PM

So in the end I did a factory reset that seemed to fix what ever issue I had with the phone. I still don't know what happen to cause this issue but I believe I was able to resolve it. Thank you for your help

Options

10637 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1118 Signins

151099 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2020-09-21, 18:50 PM

Hi CAPreston,

That's strange. I believe it could be some sort of configuration on your phone that solves in after doing factory reset. Glad it works back to normal. Please don't hesitate to post again if you need further help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete