Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

01-20-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 28

Can't receive texts

2021-01-20, 18:12 PM

Yesterday, I received my new Moto G Power 2021 in the mail.  I've got it setup and everything is working except for that fact that I can't receive texts.  I am using Total Wireless network and never had any issues with previous Android phones, including my Moto G6.  I've contacted Total Wireless support and they say everything looks good on their end.  Any ideas for settings I should check on the phone that may be causing the issue?

Answer
Options

6 Posts

01-20-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

25 Page Views

Re:Can't receive texts

2021-02-04, 1:33 AM

Zeke,

I got my situation resolved tonight. After seeing multiple people report that enabling CDMA-less fixed their issue I contacted Total Wireless again to ensure my setting were correct. I got in touch with a knowledgeable rep and he reviewed my account and found CDMA-less was not enabled (I was told by a previous rep it was). Once he enabled it and I restarted my phone my issues were resolved. Appreciate your help and I apologize for the confusion. 

Replies(27)
Options

1 Posts

11-15-2013

United States of America

3 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 2 of 28

2021-01-21, 14:54 PM

I have been having similar issues with my Moto G Power.  I'm on the Verizon network, and have done everything but replace the SIM card, which I am doing today.  I'll let you know what I find, but sounds like a device issue.  I previously had a Moto G7, and when I put the current SIM back into the G7, all of the messages come flooding back in.

I hope they get this resolved quickly!

Options

1 Posts

01-21-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 28

2021-01-21, 20:04 PM

I too am experiencing the exact same problem. I have checked all the settings, and even reset them, Also added Verizon message plus, and the problem followed. Can send texts, but will not receive them. I plan on going to the Verizon store this weekend, and will post what the correction is. Sad part is it's an hour drive, so thought I could do the transfer of phones myself. All went well except for this issue. I believe it could be something related to Motorola, but all the "help" guidelines have failed to provide a valid solution.

We'll see.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 4 of 28

2021-01-21, 20:04 PM

Hi brettn0,

Thanks for posting your concern here. We suggest to reach out your carrier and have them enable CDMA-less. Please let us know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6 Posts

01-20-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 28

2021-01-22, 14:53 PM

I've spent a fair amount of time over the past day or so chatting with multiple Total Wireless reps.  I was transferred to a higher level of tech support they stated that CDMA-less was active for my account, granted it took a lot of teeth pulling to get a straight answer on what seems like a simple question.  In the end, I'm still not receiving texts.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 6 of 28

2021-01-22, 16:19 PM

@ brettn0 wrote:

I' spent a fair amount of time over the past day or so chatting with multiple Total Wireless reps.  I was transferred to a higher level of tech support they stated that CDMA-less was active for my account, granted it took a lot of teeth pulling to get a straight answer on what seems like a simple question.  In the end, I' still not receiving texts.

We like to confirm if you are able to sent text but not receive them? Please make sure that CDMA-less is enabled on their end since we have some cases where carriers said that it is already enabled but its not. If you are sure that it is enabled please send us a picture of your SIM card front and back. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

01-20-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 7 of 28

2021-01-22, 19:54 PM

Zeke,

I have updated my profile as requested.  Furthermore, I believe I have my Motorola Privacy settings all correct.  Thank you for your assistance and please let me if there's anything else I should do.  Also, I have attached pictures of the front and back of my SIM card.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 8 of 28

2021-01-22, 20:13 PM

@ brettn0 wrote:

Zeke,

I have updated my profile as requested.  Furthermore, I believe I have my Motorola Privacy settings all correct.  Thank you for your assistance and please let me if there' anything else I should do.  Also, I have attached pictures of the front and back of my SIM card.

Thanks for updating your profile and sending me the picture of the SIM card. I have already sent it and escalated it to our team. We'll let you know once we heard back from them. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

2 Posts

01-23-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 9 of 28

2021-01-23, 5:13 AM

Have two new g power. One installed with absolutely no changes to requested access. One i restricted a few apps from access.

Neither one will receive texts.

Have cleared caches. Reinstalled. Rebooted. Nothing works.

Text out is fine. 

Have Verizon. Switching back on one phone, all texts popped right up. Still working on problem solving on the other one.

Options

2 Posts

01-23-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 10 of 28

2021-01-24, 23:35 PM

Both phones send texts with no problem. But cannot receive texts at all.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms