Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

03-05-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 8

Can't use as Hotspot on Red Pocket Mobile

2021-07-19, 22:42 PM

My Red Pocket account is enabled for Hotspot use. Red Pocket is an MVNO that runs on AT&T's network. Every time I try to enable Hotspot I receive the message: "Account not set up for mobile hotspot. An eligible data plan is required to use personal mobile hotspot. Please visit att.com/personalhotspot or myAT&T to change yoru plan. You also may call AT&T at 611 for assistance."

This happens on my Moto G Power (2021) and my daughters' Moto G Fast devices. Does not happen on my work iPhone, which is also on Red Pocket. This is an issue with the Moto software. I confirmed with Red Pocket everything is turned on in my account.

Options

1 Posts

07-19-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Moto is still making great phones!

2021-07-19, 11:11 AM

Buenos días tengo un motorola g power 2021 y una línea H2O y no me comparte datos con mi computador pensé que era la línea la puse en otro equipo y pude compartir datos quisieran me pudieran ayudar en eso porque si el teléfono es liberado no debería suceder nada de eso del resto el celular funciona correctamente me gusta muchísimo 

Options

265 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

47 Signins

3159 Page Views

• Views: 3159
  • Message 3 of 8

Re:Can't use as Hotspot on Red Pocket Mobile

2021-07-20, 20:38 PM

Hi @Stanfdfn ,

I apologize you're having difficulties using the mobile hotspot feature of your phone. We'd like to help.

1. Have you used mobile hotspot on this phone before?

2. Is mobile hotspot included in the plan you have activated with this phone?

Please try these steps and let me know how it goes.

1. Reboot your phone.

2. After the phone has restarted, wait for at least 2-3 minutes to allow the device to re-establish the connection to the network.

3. Enable mobile data then mobile hotspot.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

8 Posts

03-05-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-07-20, 21:39 PM

My responses:

1. I have not used mobile hotspot on this Moto phone because I only purchased it in March, 2021, when my Moto G4 died. I was successful using my Moto G4 as a hotspot on Red Pocket Mobile.

2. Yes, Mobile hotspot is included in my plan and activated. As I said in my problem report, my daughters are also on Red Pocket, each with a Moto G Fast, and those don't work either. My younger daughter just switched to the Moto G Fast last week, was on a Moto G 4, which worked as a hot spot on Red Pocket.

3. Rebooting makes no difference.

4. FYI, I worked for Motorola Mobility in 2011-2012, before, during and after the Google acquisition. I am very familiar with Android - had to use the bootloader to try and recover my Moto G4 (couldn't - it was clearly a hardware failure.)

I appreciate you looking into this. My suspicion is because Red Pocket is on AT&T network, the radio is picking that up and by default looking for AT&T handshake, which it won't get because I'm on Red Pocket. I have the APN set up this way (following Red Pocket Mobile's instructions):

Name: Red Pocket Mobile

APN: RESELLER

Proxy: not set

Port: not set

Username: not set

Password: not set

Server: not set

MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net

MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net

MMS port: 80

MCC: 310

MNC: 410

Authentication type: None

APN type: Default,mms,supl

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: None

MVNO value: not set

Regards,

Sarah

Options

265 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

47 Signins

3159 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

Re:Moto is still making great phones!

2021-07-20, 23:53 PM

@ Ayennys wrote:

Buenos días tengo un motorola g power 2021 y una línea H2O y no me comparte datos con mi computador pensé que era la línea la puse en otro equipo y pude compartir datos quisieran me pudieran ayudar en eso porque si el teléfono es liberado no debería suceder nada de eso del resto el celular funciona correctamente me gusta muchísimo 

Hi @Ayennys ,

Thanks for reaching out. It will be my pleasure to help you with this.

First, I have your merged your post to an existing discussion about mobile hotspot.

Second, can you please check if you are getting an error message when connecting your laptop to your phone's mobile hotspot? Can other devices connect to the hotspot?

Regards,
Mary
Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

265 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

47 Signins

3159 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-07-21, 22:28 PM

Hi@ Stanfdfn wrote:

My responses:

1. I have not used mobile hotspot on this Moto phone because I only purchased it in March, 2021, when my Moto G4 died. I was successful using my Moto G4 as a hotspot on Red Pocket Mobile.

2. Yes, Mobile hotspot is included in my plan and activated. As I said in my problem report, my daughters are also on Red Pocket, each with a Moto G Fast, and those don't work either. My younger daughter just switched to the Moto G Fast last week, was on a Moto G 4, which worked as a hot spot on Red Pocket.

3. Rebooting makes no difference.

4. FYI, I worked for Motorola Mobility in 2011-2012, before, during and after the Google acquisition. I am very familiar with Android - had to use the bootloader to try and recover my Moto G4 (couldn't - it was clearly a hardware failure.)

I appreciate you looking into this. My suspicion is because Red Pocket is on AT&T network, the radio is picking that up and by default looking for AT&T handshake, which it won't get because I'm on Red Pocket. I have the APN set up this way (following Red Pocket Mobile's instructions):

Name: Red Pocket Mobile

APN: RESELLER

Proxy: not set

Port: not set

Username: not set

Password: not set

Server: not set

MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net

MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net

MMS port: 80

MCC: 310

MNC: 410

Authentication type: None

APN type: Default,mms,supl

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: None

MVNO value: not set

Regards,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I appreciate the details. Is this the APN settings for the internet or the MMS? I just wanted to check because I can see MMS included in the details. Have you also tried resetting the network settings as well?

To reset the network settings, go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile and Bluetooth. This step will disconnect and forget all Wi-Fi networks and paired Bluetooth devices. It will not delete your pictures and other files.

Please restart the phone before using the mobile hotspot again. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Options

8 Posts

03-05-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-07-22, 0:06 AM

Hello Mary,

I did the reset and then, with the fact that it still wasn't working, I called Red Pocket Mobile. Turns out they had deactivated mobile hotspot on my line. Don't know why or when, as it worked with my previous phone, same number, same SIM.

So, please close this issue as "not a Moto issue". I thank you for your attention.

We love our Moto phones - haven't used anything else for personal use since in 10 years.

Regards,
Sarah

Options

265 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

47 Signins

3159 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-07-22, 23:53 PM

@ Stanfdfn wrote:

Hello Mary,

I did the reset and then, with the fact that it still wasn't working, I called Red Pocket Mobile. Turns out they had deactivated mobile hotspot on my line. Don't know why or when, as it worked with my previous phone, same number, same SIM.

So, please close this issue as "not a Moto issue". I thank you for your attention.

We love our Moto phones - haven't used anything else for personal use since in 10 years.

Regards,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Excellent! I'm glad it's all sorted now. Should you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I will be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms