Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

42 Posts

09-02-2015

United States of America

19 Signins

284 Page Views

• Views: 284
  • Message 1 of 8

Differences Between UNLOCKED and VERIZON Branded

2021-04-14, 0:16 AM

Replaced a Moto Z phone with G-POWER UNLOCKED 2021.  Lots of surprises. Maybe someone can answer?

1. Since it is not VERIZON branded, some of the missing "bloatware" appears to be easy access to my VOICEMAIL with with the Verizon app I was used to before.  Am I now forced to use only *86 to get my voicemail?  Now way to manually ADD the Verizon app that's in their branded phones (and no G-Power Verizon branded is available)?

2. Was not getting texts but FINALLY got it resolved with CDMA unlock, thanks to a smart Verizon agent who flipped the right switches--the fourth one I dealt with.

3. Also, not able to find any protective case for the G Power Unlocked 2021 OR any screen protector from the usual sources.  Anybody know of those?

4. Finally, what is the trick to ZOOMING when setting a photo shot to take?

Thanks, all.  Nobody clues you in on the differences when you switch to UNLOCK!

Options

3847 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

740 Signins

57645 Page Views

• Views: 57645
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Differences Between UNLOCKED and VERIZON Branded

2021-04-14, 15:37 PM

Hi AtTheBeach,

I will try my best to help you with this. I can answer some of your questions however, other questions might be best to be answered by other users here in the community. 

1. The preinstalled Verizon apps are only exclusive to Verizon-specific devices. You cannot get them by simply downloading them to the Play Store. The default phone app can be used for voicemail (You still need to contact your carrier to setup voicemail for you).

2. The CDMA-less needs to be enabled to receive texts on the phone. Aside from Verizon, some of its MVNO needs to have that feature enabled as well.

3. Hopefully, some users in this community might be able to help you on how did they get cases on the phone. 

4. May we know what do you mean by "Zooming"?

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

42 Posts

09-02-2015

United States of America

19 Signins

284 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-04-14, 17:40 PM

Zoom as in zoom in in picture. Found it!

One last: how do I enable/disable wi-fi calling when I'm in a weak cell area but can access wi fi signa

Options

3847 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

740 Signins

57645 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-04-14, 18:46 PM

@ AtTheBeach wrote:

Zoom as in zoom in in picture. Found it!

One last: how do I enable/disable wi-fi calling when I' in a weak cell area but can access wi fi signa

Wi-Fi calling which is also called HD calling can be enabled and disabled by following the steps below. Please make sure to contact the carrier to see if the phone supports this feature. 

To enable Wi-Fi calling:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Search for Wi-Fi calling
  3. Turn the feature on

You can also try this: 

Open the Phone app > Menu (3 dots on the top right corner) > Settings > Calls > Wi-Fi Calling.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

04-16-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 5 of 8

2021-04-16, 14:22 PM

Found a good case for my moto g power 2021at a cricket store in San Antonio 25$

Options

42 Posts

09-02-2015

United States of America

19 Signins

284 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-04-16, 14:56 PM

Thanks for the help!  Unfortunately, Verizon, arguably the biggest/strongest cellphone network in US, does NOT support wifi calling on this particular Moto model...but does on my Moto Z that I'm replacing.

This is a perfect example of my original complaint: nobody tells you what is DIFFERENT when you buy an UNLOCKED or unbranded phone.  And while some features may not matter to me (like losing the Verizon icon to more easily check my email, instead of the old, clunky *86), wi fi calling is a deal breaker for me.  I go to lots of areas with very weak cell signals and if I can't use a wi fi connection that's available to me there, I can't make/receive calls.  Arrrgh!

Options

3847 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

740 Signins

57645 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-04-21, 16:36 PM

@ AtTheBeach wrote:

Thanks for the help!  Unfortunately, Verizon, arguably the biggest/strongest cellphone network in US, does NOT support wifi calling on this particular Moto model...but does on my Moto Z that I' replacing.

This is a perfect example of my original complaint: nobody tells you what is DIFFERENT when you buy an UNLOCKED or unbranded phone.  And while some features may not matter to me (like losing the Verizon icon to more easily check my email, instead of the old, clunky *86), wi fi calling is a deal breaker for me.  I go to lots of areas with very weak cell signals and if I can' use a wi fi connection that' available to me there, I can' make/receive calls.  Arrrgh!

You're welcome. Thanks for letting me help you. I understand your concern about not having some carrier feature when you are using an unlocked phone. We will pass your feedback along our team. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

1 Posts

04-30-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 8 of 8

2021-04-30, 3:33 AM
I need one pl
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms