Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

09-13-2021

Canada

10 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 31 of 51

Re:Fingerprint Option Missing

2021-10-13, 11:47 AM

RSA did not work, and back-ups did not work so what's the next step? Most of us don't have warranties or spare cash to pay for "damages" that were caused by Moto's very own update(s).

Can you please escalate this up the chain? Inform the tech wizards who work on the updates? Investigate into this some more? Or does that only happen when folks flood twitter and trend the problems caused by a company that won't rectify or even admit it's mistakes, have the people make it extremely publicly known that the company clearly doesn't care?

You can suggest the same thing over and over to everyone all you want, it doesn't work and upper Moto management needs to make a statement or at least let folks know when they plan to remedy the situation.

Options

412 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

939 Signins

19548 Page Views

• Views: 19548
  • Message 32 of 51

2021-10-14, 15:58 PM

@ A-Ress wrote:

RSA did not work, and back-ups did not work so what's the next step? Most of us don't have warranties or spare cash to pay for "damages" that were caused by Moto's very own update(s).

Can you please escalate this up the chain? Inform the tech wizards who work on the updates? Investigate into this some more? Or does that only happen when folks flood twitter and trend the problems caused by a company that won't rectify or even admit it's mistakes, have the people make it extremely publicly known that the company clearly doesn't care?

You can suggest the same thing over and over to everyone all you want, it doesn't work and upper Moto management needs to make a statement or at least let folks know when they plan to remedy the situation.

Hello,

I'd like to get some more information on what you are reporting, backups are not working. 

In your first post you mentioned:  backups are not working when you factory reset your phone. Are you restoring data from your Google account?

You also mentioned: "the phone said the information was invalid and it seems it could be stored on the phone but not used" - could you provide a screen shot and a little more information on how you got this message?

It also sounds like you were having problems moving data onto an SD card.  Have you tried another SD card to make sure the one you were using isn't corrupted or malfunctioning?

Your feedback will better help us understand your question and help with resolving the issue.

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

10-16-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 33 of 51

2021-10-16, 9:33 AM

Becky,

It comes across that you have not bothered to read the peoples comments. We are all annoyed in the fact that the fingerprint recognition has been deleted, and to date , no matter what has been suggested as a solution in fixing this problem, nothing works. 

Quite simple answer from Motorola would be "we have a problem and we will fix it FOC" . Looking forward to a positive response.

Options

412 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

939 Signins

19548 Page Views

• Views: 19548
  • Message 34 of 51

2021-10-18, 13:01 PM

@ CDL111 wrote:

Becky,

It comes across that you have not bothered to read the peoples comments. We are all annoyed in the fact that the fingerprint recognition has been deleted, and to date , no matter what has been suggested as a solution in fixing this problem, nothing works. 

Quite simple answer from Motorola would be "we have a problem and we will fix it FOC" . Looking forward to a positive response.

Hello,

I'm sorry you didn't understand my last post, I was responding directly to A-Ress who stated his backups are not working.  If you have tried a factory reset and your fingerprint sensor is not working you will need to seek repair for the device.

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

10-19-2021

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 35 of 51

2021-10-19, 13:27 PM

Same problem hear one minute there next gone following update not very happy also other issues with phone.

Options

8 Posts

09-13-2021

Canada

10 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 36 of 51

2021-10-19, 13:39 PM

I'm not reporting the back-ups, I'm telling you that doesn't change anything and there's no point risking back-ups hoping it will fix the REAL problem, the update that removed the fingerprint unlock.

I'll still answer the questions, but I don't care about the back-ups, I care about the fingerprint sensor.

I tried the Google back-up, didn't work. I also tried putting the back-up onto the SD card and that didn't work. Neither were able to be retrieved.

I didn't take screenshots, and my phone already been reconfigured and I am absolutely not about to factory reset to troubleshoot a problem that isn't a priority to me to get photos.

As previously stated, I don't care about the back-up issues, I am looking Moto to explore their recent update(s) to fix the fingerprint sensor that was seemingly unintentionally disabled and removed from many phones.

Again, thread is for fingerprint sensor-- I am not interested in the back-up issues.

Options

7 Posts

05-17-2021

United States of America

11 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 37 of 51

2021-10-19, 14:12 PM

How can Motorola suggest factory restore to end-users?

It's an advanced operation and there is a lot of risks! You may want to risk all your photos, information, etc but we don't.

Motorola, please read these people's problems and provide a fix.

If the latest update doesn't physically harm fingerprint sensors, please work on a fix. Don't steal the time of us, don't steal the time of agents in here.

Backup restore can't fix a sensor. It didn't work in here too.

Every day new users are coming to here with the same problem. So please get into work and fix it before it's too late. 

Options

8 Posts

09-13-2021

Canada

10 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 38 of 51

2021-10-19, 14:39 PM

Google search the following: "Moto G fingerprint disappeared"

Scroll through to see how many people have been having this problem and then please escalate it further up the chain. This is clearly above forum agents' abilities (not mad at you guys for it, that's the company/staffing) so please just escalate this up the chain.

Personally, I'm losing investment in fixing the problem and am about ready to just buy a whole new phone from a different company, not about to waste money "fixing" a phone broken by an update sent out from the company itself.

The fact that this hasn't been going anywhere and keeps circling around makes me wonder if it was an update to Brick the older models and force users to buy new if they want the same features and "quality"-- basically pulling an Apple move.

Options

3 Posts

10-19-2021

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 39 of 51

2021-10-20, 7:53 AM

Someone needs to get there act together and sort this problem out, it's quite clear a lot of people are having problems with this.

To keep saying reset factory settings which is not working, and then to send it for repair who is going to pay for the repair?

Options

4 Posts

10-16-2021

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 40 of 51

2021-10-20, 11:12 AM

I am a member of Which? and have access to free legal advice.

Their OPINION is that the fault has been created by Motorola and to write to Motorola telling them the specific problem and giving them 7 days notice of acknowledging the letter and a further 28 days to respond to fixing the fault. Failure to respond will result in the phone being repaired and Motorola being held responsible for reimbursing the phone holder in costs incurred for repairing the phone.

Should Motorola fail to respond to payment, then start a small claims procedure. How to make a small claims and what the costs are can be found https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms