Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-07-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 5

Microphone volume

2021-06-07, 12:39 PM

Anyone know if there's a way to raise the volume on the microphone?  I have a moto g power

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Microphone volume

2021-06-07, 15:53 PM

Hi Chess88

Thank you for posting. I'd like to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the mic? There's no option to adjust the mic, but there are ways to sound louder and clearer in your mic. Make sure the mic is clean and there's no lint or dirt in it. If you're using a phone case, that could affect the mic as well. Try removing and see if there's improvement. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

06-10-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-06-10, 5:46 AM

I am having the same problem, nobody can here me on the telephone and when I preform the microphone hardware test I can vary hear the playback. However if I switch to speaker phone during a call I am heard just fine. If I am not mistaken I am still using the same built-in microphone when I am talking on speaker phone as I am when I am on the phone in the traditional way. I have checked the physical condition of the microphone and it is fine.  Additionally there has been no damage to the phone. This problem started out of the blue and if I am remembering correctly it appeared close in time to an uodate. All of this seems to point towards a software problem.  

Options

2 Posts

06-07-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-06-10, 7:33 AM

Thanks so much for replying. I'm not the most technology savvy and thought it was me. I even bought a new phone and it has the same problem so it software issue makes sense

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-06-10, 16:17 PM

Hi Everyone,

We would like to know if you have tried holding the phone in different ways? Please also make sure that the microphone is close to your mouth during non-speaker phone calls.

We also suggest to clear the cache and app data of the phone app by going to Settings > App and notifications > See All Apps > Phone > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear app data/storage. Then reboot the phone after the troubleshooting steps. Please let me know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms