Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

09-14-2021

United States of America

13 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 27

Moto G 2021 Verizon network does not work

2021-09-14, 17:02 PM

Bought phone in March, phone doesn't get any signal (Verizon), missed calls don't register, text don't come in unless I reset it or go on Airplane mode and back on again. No signal in most places.  Got a replacement phone, same issue.. so it is clearly something with this phone not working with Verizon in my area.  Is anyone else having this issue? 

Options

5279 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

653 Signins

55067 Page Views

• Views: 55067
  • Message 2 of 27

Re:Moto G 2021 Verizon network does not work

2021-09-14, 19:52 PM

Hi @ alphababy ,

Sorry to know that your phone doesn't get a signal. We'll try our best to help. For us to further assist you, we'll ask you for some details.

• Can you tell when did it start to happen?
  • Does this happen after an update?
  • Since this also happens with the replacement phone, have you tried contacting Verizon regarding this concern?
  • You mentioned that you reset it. Are you saying that you restarted the phone?
  • To confirm, you're not getting calls, text messages, and unable to use mobile data?

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

9 Posts

09-14-2021

United States of America

13 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 3 of 27

2021-09-14, 20:17 PM

Bought phone 3/2021, started happening immediately, but I didn't really realize it at the time. Did troubleshooting with Verizon, got a new SIM reset, etc. Then contacted Motorola, sent in my phone, got a replacement same issue. 

I've both reset and restarted the phone many times

The issue is intermittent, but I get no bars of service in most areas (whereas when I switched to my old phone, I had full bars pretty much everywhere).

Phone does not ring, just goes right to voicemail, and I don't get text unless I restart or put on Airplane and off again

Options

5279 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

653 Signins

55067 Page Views

• Message 4 of 27

2021-09-15, 13:29 PM

@ alphababy wrote:

Bought phone 3/2021, started happening immediately, but I didn't really realize it at the time. Did troubleshooting with Verizon, got a new SIM reset, etc. Then contacted Motorola, sent in my phone, got a replacement same issue. 

I've both reset and restarted the phone many times

The issue is intermittent, but I get no bars of service in most areas (whereas when I switched to my old phone, I had full bars pretty much everywhere).

Phone does not ring, just goes right to voicemail, and I don't get text unless I restart or put on Airplane and off again

Hi @ alphababy,

Thanks for providing us more details. Would you please update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and serial number? It will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well. Let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

9 Posts

09-14-2021

United States of America

13 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 5 of 27

2021-09-15, 13:56 PM

Updated profile with the info requested, also just a note, yesterday Verizon added CDMA-less to my account as noted on many other troubleshooting sites with this same issue.  That did not change anything, I get no bars in my house at all and in and around my house and surrounding area, bars fluctuation greatly.  Still had to go on Airplane mode this morning and turn back off to get text messages.

Options

5279 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

653 Signins

55067 Page Views

• Message 6 of 27

2021-09-15, 17:54 PM

@ alphababy wrote:

Updated profile with the info requested, also just a note, yesterday Verizon added CDMA-less to my account as noted on many other troubleshooting sites with this same issue.  That did not change anything, I get no bars in my house at all and in and around my house and surrounding area, bars fluctuation greatly.  Still had to go on Airplane mode this morning and turn back off to get text messages.

Hi @ alphababy,

Thanks for providing us more information. We would like to ask for a bug report and check this with the team. Take a bug report right after the problem occurs.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

9 Posts

09-14-2021

United States of America

13 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 7 of 27

2021-09-15, 18:34 PM

I sent you a private message with the info, let me know if you don't get it

Options

1048 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

126 Signins

10520 Page Views

• Views: 10520
  • Message 8 of 27

2021-09-16, 16:00 PM

@ alphababy wrote:

I sent you a private message with the info, let me know if you don't get it

Hi  @ alphababy ,

Thanks. Please also fill out the signal form located here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1q8yhi6ozFAg_EW8AsIMddQ4Yd9zXWj5qQPMmShFBQps/viewform?edit_requested=true

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

09-14-2021

United States of America

13 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 9 of 27

2021-09-16, 16:14 PM

I submitted the form, I've done everything that Motorola and Verizon suggested, it still does not work. I've spent hours troubleshooting.  I have requested to get a different model of phone as this model clearly does not work. Motorola said they can't do that and they won't refund my money for this piece of garbage that is the Moto g 2021... If nothing can be done, and they won't refund me and the won't send me a different model, I guess Motorola is just showing their true colors. Lesson learned.  

Options

7 Posts

09-17-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 10 of 27

2021-09-17, 21:23 PM

I am having the same exact problem. Phone won't even stay connected to wifi when everything else connected to wifi works fine. I've lost count of how many times I've contacted Verizon and no improvement. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms