Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

01-29-2021

United States of America

24 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 70

Moto G Power (2021) - Camera 3 not scanning QR codes

2021-01-29, 2:32 AM

Hello Motorola,

I came from a Moto x4 and its camera uses Moto Camera 2 from Google play. I had upgraded to a Moto G Power (2021) which uses Moto Camera 3 from Google Play. My father has the Moto G Power (2020) and it runs Moto Camera 2.

Now to the topic... I use Walmart's Walmart Pay to do purchases. Moto Camera 2 worked fine, but Moto Camera 3 did not. Both cameras operate fine as both do photos, videos and scan bar codes and QR codes.

Regarding the specifics on QR codes. In the camera app itself, I restate it scans QR codes fine, however when you use Walmart Pay you can scan the QR code on their resisters. It uses the camera on your phone to connect to the register and proceed to make purchases. Using the Moto x4 and my father's Moto G Power (2020) will scan the Walmart Pay QR code using Moto Camera 2. Using the Moto G Power (2021) will not scan the Walmart Pay QR code using Moto Camera 3.

If locations use QR codes to make purchases, this could become a problem for many people using the installed Moto Camera 3 rather than Moto Camera 2 and it will need to be updated and fix the bugs. I left a review as well in Google Play for Moto Camera 3 as well.

I hope I'm not the only one with this problem. Further info, I have allowed permissions to camera, uninstalled and reinstalled necessary apps that could be the camera, reboot phone, as well as factory resets. Lenovo/Motorola please assist. Thank you

Answer
Options

6737 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3408 Signins

85546 Page Views

• Views: 85546

Re:Moto G Power (2021) - Camera 3 not scanning QR codes

2021-08-24, 16:55 PM

Hello, as previously mentioned this is a compatibility issue with the Walmart app. This is something that Walmart will have to fix with updates to their app from the Playstore. What I can say is Walmart has pushed an update to the app and while it doesn't work while holding the phone in portrait mode, it should now work if you hold the phone in landscape. I know it's not ideal, but it's a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, as I said, improvements for this will have to come from the app developers for the Walmart application. It's not something we can fix. That being said, please keep providing feedback to the app developers via the Playstore and in tandem, we will continue to push from our side as well.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Replies(69)
Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 2 of 70

2021-01-29, 21:05 PM

Hi Cyod,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are able to duplicate this on our end. Our team has started investigating this on our end. We will provide you some updates once we heard back from them. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

13 Posts

01-29-2021

United States of America

24 Signins

75 Page Views

• Message 3 of 70

2021-02-04, 20:40 PM

Thank you for the fast response. I believe the hardware cameras are too advanced for Walmart Pay and Walmart Pay needs to upgrade their firmware/software. Perhaps if it isn't that, you can make the Moto G Power (2021) cameras operate properly through camera permissions through apps. I didn't really want an upgraded phone from the Moto x4 for better cameras even when I can't use it mostly for Walmart Pay for shopping. The perks for me are better battery life and it's faster than the X4 had very laggy, frozen, seized, I wanted to toss the phone a few times. I enjoy the Moto G Power (2021) I must have this camera work not just for Walmart Pay but anything in the future. Never I had a phone with cameras that couldn't do anything, even the basics. I'd hate to return this phone. Hope to hear from you soon Motorola/Lenovo. Thank you very much for your efforts.

Options

1 Posts

02-20-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 70

2021-02-20, 15:13 PM

I have the exact same problem with my 2021 Power.  I hope a fix is available soon.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 5 of 70

2021-02-22, 16:44 PM

@ amado_aguilar wrote:

I have the exact same problem with my 2021 Power.  I hope a fix is available soon.

We are still working on this. We'll let you know if we have some updates on this. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!

Options

2 Posts

03-05-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 6 of 70

2021-03-05, 2:44 AM

Same problem with my Moto G Play 2021. :(

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 7 of 70

2021-03-05, 17:42 PM

Hi Rebsy,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We suggest to post it on the Moto G Play (2021) so that it may also be investigated as well. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

2 Posts

03-17-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 8 of 70

2021-03-17, 7:28 AM

How many cameras does your phone have? Because I didn't have any clue that you could have more than one because I don't one my 2021 Motorola G Power phone! I'm so confused my number is (Removed )you can call me and explain this stuff and how my phone or device whichever you prefer is sending texts to certain contacts on my phone but not others when my wifi and mobile data and roaming data is turned off there's no kind of Internet connection or phone line connection there's nothing so it shouldn't be sending to anyone but it is!! PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE btw my name is Nicole

Edited for site rule violation -privacy (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) -Sandip

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 9 of 70

2021-03-17, 19:15 PM

@ ColeBaby wrote:

How many cameras does your phone have? Because I didn' have any clue that you could have more than one because I don' one my 2021 Motorola G Power phone! I' so confused my number is (Removed )you can call me and explain this stuff and how my phone or device whichever you prefer is sending texts to certain contacts on my phone but not others when my wifi and mobile data and roaming data is turned off there' no kind of Internet connection or phone line connection there' nothing so it shouldn' be sending to anyone but it is!! PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE btw my name is Nicole

Edited for site rule violation -privacy (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) -Sandip

I have already replied on your post here. Please see it as you can so we can further assist you. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

13 Posts

01-29-2021

United States of America

24 Signins

75 Page Views

• Message 10 of 70

2021-04-02, 3:46 AM

Agent_Zeke, I know you said earlier that you were able to duplicate results and awaiting further updates from your team. It's been a couple months now. I believe there should already be a resolve by now. Motorola/Lenovo have been around for years. You created a better camera but what good is it if it doesn't work when apps need permissions first of all and even then when granted it will not recognize QR codes such as Walmart Pay. Many organizations use QR codes within apps that make it convenient and secure for customers and if this issue happens with Walmart Pay, it as well can occur with apps that involve QR code reading. You know Moto Camera 2 does not have this problem but Moto Camera 3 does. Just program/code and enable Moto Camera 2 to be compatible for this phone, Moto G Power 2021. I do not want to have two phones on me just so I can use Walmart Pay. Fix this asap or the next phone is going to be through Samsung, which I've had my business with before. Btw, we're guaranteed only 1 firmware upgrade? If we go from 10 to 11, and 11 gets released and doesn't involve the bug fixes or adjustments where apps use the camera for QR codes and it doesn't get fixed before or by then, you've lost a valuable customer. I'm not cheap and will go out of my way for better quality. I know about businesses that do not care about their customers, I have my beliefs but I've also been wrong. Have me believe you can be worthy of my business.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms