Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

3714 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56580 Page Views

• Views: 56580
  • Message 11 of 19

Re:Moto G Power (2021) - Camera 3 not scanning QR codes

2021-04-02, 14:21 PM

Hi Cyod,

I apologize it's taking too long. Our team working on this and manage to pinpoint that this is a application problem. They are currently contacting the app developers of Walmart Pay to work on a fix.  If there would be a fix going to be released, it is going to be an update from the Play Store. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

01-29-2021

United States of America

12 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 12 of 19

2021-04-02, 14:38 PM
Thank you for the fast response. I've been with Motorola since the Moto Razor flip phone many years ago. Y'all have been reliable and easy to work with. I understand and appreciate your efforts. I work in retail myself. I'm willing to improvise, adapt, and overcome these difficulties until the fix. Thank you and God bless.
Options

1 Posts

04-03-2021

India

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 13 of 19

Re:Moto G10 Power (2021) - Camera 3 not scanning QR codes

2021-04-03, 6:31 AM

Hi Team,

I am getting gpay scanner issue at new moto 10 power mobile. 

Note - I have made replacement and getting same problem in new mobile.

Options

3714 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56580 Page Views

• Message 14 of 19

2021-04-05, 14:29 PM

@ Vijay yadav wrote:

Hi Team,

I am getting gpay scanner issue at new moto 10 power mobile. 

Note - I have made replacement and getting same problem in new mobile.

Are you referring to the Moto G10? If it is, we suggest posting it to the correct community. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

03-05-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 15 of 19

2021-04-07, 17:18 PM

Zeke,

This same issue happens with the DroboPix app - the app has all the permissions yet can't scan a QR code. The camera app will scan QR codes. This is a HUGE disappointment because DroboPix is how we back up our photos to ensure they are stored safely. My daughter's Moto G Fast has no problem (purchased in December, 2020); my older Moto X, Moto G4, Moto G5 Plus never had issues. Please fix this and let us know that it is fixed. Work with Drobo if you have to- this is very disappointing.

Options

3714 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56580 Page Views

• Message 16 of 19

2021-04-07, 19:15 PM

@ Stanfdfn wrote:

Zeke,

This same issue happens with the DroboPix app - the app has all the permissions yet can' scan a QR code. The camera app will scan QR codes. This is a HUGE disappointment because DroboPix is how we back up our photos to ensure they are stored safely. My daughter' Moto G Fast has no problem (purchased in December, 2020); my older Moto X, Moto G4, Moto G5 Plus never had issues. Please fix this and let us know that it is fixed. Work with Drobo if you have to- this is very disappointing.

Can you also provide us a bug report on this too? The one that was provided to us is from a different app, we will need another one to see if it has the similar root cause. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

1 Posts

04-10-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 17 of 19

2021-04-10, 4:55 AM

Any news on this? I was unaware until having a very awkward time at Walmart trying to scan the ******* code looking like an idiot...literally bought this phone 3 days ago and am very frustrated

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language -Zeke 

Options

3714 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56580 Page Views

• Message 18 of 19

2021-04-12, 14:01 PM

@ Gumby303 wrote:

Any news on this? I was unaware until having a very awkward time at Walmart trying to scan the ******* code looking like an idiot...literally bought this phone 3 days ago and am very frustrated

Our team is currently working with the developers of the Walmart pay app. The fix for this would be coming an app update from the Play Store. We don't have any release dates or timing information for that specific update. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

4905 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3280 Signins

74201 Page Views

• Views: 74201
  • Message 19 of 19

2021-04-21, 17:22 PM

@ Agent_Zeke wrote:

@ Gumby303 wrote:

Our team is currently working with the developers of the Walmart pay app. The fix for this would be coming an app update from the Play Store. We don' have any release dates or timing information for that specific update. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Hello everyone I wanted to jump in and provide some updates on this topic. There are a few reported issues with scanning QR codes here so I'll break them down.

• Walmart App QR/Barcode Scanning
    • This is something we need the app developers from Walmart to fix in their app. We're attempting to reach them to help assist them, but so far we have not been able to. We will keep trying to work with the Walmart developers on this.
  • Drobopix QR Scanning
    • We will have improvements coming in a future software update to help with scanning codes for this app. This was a phone side change that had to be made. Note this did not have the same root cause as the Walmart app issue which is why we are able to make improvements from our (Moto software) end.
  • Google Pay QR Scanning
    • I believe this was reported on a few products sold outside of the US and doesn't apply to the Moto G Power (2021). However, on those other products, we will have improvements in a future software update.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms