Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

265 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

47 Signins

3159 Page Views

• Views: 3159
  • Message 31 of 48

Re:Moto G Power (2021) - Camera 3 not scanning QR codes

2021-07-06, 20:59 PM

Hi RussitoN,

We understand your disappointment, and apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

This comes down to an app issue and we need Walmart to help fix this. We're actively attempting to work with Walmart on this issue. 

Regards,
Mary
Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

07-07-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 32 of 48

2021-07-07, 2:05 AM

I just had the same issue happen to me with my Moto G Power (2021) so frustrated!!! I had a basket full of groceries, and my husband had the card, so thought, no problem, I will use the Wal-Mart pay......NOPE wouldn't work! I will be getting a new phone.

Options

4 Posts

07-04-2021

United States of America

11 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 33 of 48

2021-07-10, 17:47 PM

After updating today to Camera version 8.0.60.67, still persist problem with Walmart Pay, come on Motorola engineers fix this issue I don't want to return it just one someone at the technical team side to fix this issue.

Options

3815 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

580 Signins

46322 Page Views

• Views: 46322
  • Message 34 of 48

2021-07-11, 21:42 PM

Hi RussitoN,

I know how important this is for you. We've already discussed here that this concern is an app concern or problem with Walmart app. If you look at the Walmart app reviews here, other users of this app are also having the same concern with checking price and QR code scanning.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

3 Posts

07-19-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 35 of 48

Moto G Power (2021) - Camera 3 not scanning QR codes

2021-07-19, 22:13 PM
I had the same issue with my Moto G Power 2021 *literally* an hour ago at Walmart, I installed 2 other qr scanners to test my phone out and it worked fine, but its not working at Walmart at all, I was embarassed at 2 different registers with an angry line behind me :(
Options

265 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

47 Signins

3159 Page Views

• Message 36 of 48

2021-07-20, 20:26 PM

Hi @synthopiax ,

We understand your disappointment, and apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. 

Does your stock Camera app work without any difficulties? If it does, then this is a limitation of the Walmart app. Please check the Google Play Store and update the app to the latest version. We also suggest giving direct feedback to the app developer via the Google Play Store. Thank you.

Regards,
Mary
Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

07-19-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 37 of 48

2021-07-21, 6:24 AM

My stock camera app works fine, but this is what I've also found out so far, I have a Samsung that I no longer used because I switched carriers but I can still use the phone to connect to my home WiFi if I wanted to, so I installed the latest Walmart app on that phone and the Walmart app did a price check easily, I've used it at Walmart a bunch of times with Walmart Pay, never an issue, so it's not the app. I also installed two 3rd party QR reader apps on both phones and they both worked fine, Kaspersky was one and the other was Free QR Scanner from Simple Design, both worked fine scanning QR codes on both my Moto G Power 2021 and my older Samsung A21.

Now I also read in another post (forget if it was on Lenovo or another site) that said the Moto G Power 2020 is fine with Walmart Pay but the Power G 2021 does not work,  something about the Walmart Pay using a different camera out of the 4 which will not scan the QR codes, so it's a toss-up as to where to ultimately pin point the blame.

Options

265 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

47 Signins

3159 Page Views

• Message 38 of 48

2021-07-21, 21:48 PM

@ synthopiax wrote:

My stock camera app works fine, but this is what I've also found out so far, I have a Samsung that I no longer used because I switched carriers but I can still use the phone to connect to my home WiFi if I wanted to, so I installed the latest Walmart app on that phone and the Walmart app did a price check easily, I've used it at Walmart a bunch of times with Walmart Pay, never an issue, so it's not the app. I also installed two 3rd party QR reader apps on both phones and they both worked fine, Kaspersky was one and the other was Free QR Scanner from Simple Design, both worked fine scanning QR codes on both my Moto G Power 2021 and my older Samsung A21.

Now I also read in another post (forget if it was on Lenovo or another site) that said the Moto G Power 2020 is fine with Walmart Pay but the Power G 2021 does not work,  something about the Walmart Pay using a different camera out of the 4 which will not scan the QR codes, so it's a toss-up as to where to ultimately pin point the blame.

Hi,

We appreciate your feedback. We determined that the Walmart app is not compatible with some of our models. It is suggested that you also send this feedback to the app developer via the Google Play Store. Thank you.

Regards,
Mary
Moto Support

Options

10 Posts

01-29-2021

United States of America

20 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 39 of 48

2021-07-21, 23:15 PM

Hello, I'm responsible for this topic being brought up. I give credit to Agent_Zeke for investigating and taking the time to answer us all. "Contact the developer". I have left a review in the Google Play store and left 3 emails to the developer, to each providing no feedback. I work for Walmart. They don't like negative feedback, however going to trust the unknown, perhaps they do read and take action on their own time providing any necessary updates with or without notices. Motorola/Lenovo care more than they do apparently. Here's something to consider. For many years, platforms have been capable to have backwards compatibility. I addressed Moto G Power 2020 uses Moto camera 2 while Moto G Power 2021 uses Moto camera 3. I get it that some hardwares are specific to apps that can run and are not simply compatible. Apps/softwares/firmwares have had ways to go to lower versions for them to be compatible and functional. Moto camera 2 let Walmart Pay, QR code scanning, bar code scanning work. A mere 1 year model difference, but only had minimal functionality for cameras, a lower display resolution, and on top of that frustrated consumers of this model. Many of us bought it and it's too late to return. I don't take pictures like a selfie addict. I didn't ask for a less resolution which why would we want to go backwards for that? I state again I am aware about camera features need the new capable apps, but why limit us without testing the product in full? It's a dud phone with decent specs, mediocre camera and features I've noticed I have to within apps only use in landscape not portrait, less display resolution, not even Android 11 firmware yet. Not exactly Walmart's fault here or any developer. They didn't know what all is compatible when new things release. I've been with you for years alongside Samsung no problems since the Moto Razer old version flip phone. We are your consumers not Walmart's. "You" contact Walmarts developers. We did your work and they don't listen to us like you do. I work for them 2016-present, and you can trust me on that. This will be the last business I do with you unless not I, but we as a community get a fix. As humans we can adapt. You need us. We can go elsewhere. That's adaptation, or we can hang on without care and just be reminded how much quality your products have. I'm speaking up for us consumers. If this post didn't make an impact, I accept it. Others certainly were impacted, influenced, and informed.

Options

3 Posts

07-19-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 40 of 48

2021-07-22, 10:41 AM

Thank you! Well said!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms