Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-22-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 41 of 70

Re:Moto G Power (2021) - Camera 3 not scanning QR codes

2021-07-22, 21:41 PM

FYI:

If you turn your camera landscape, it will read the Walmart price check barcode without fault and instantly. I discovered this as early March of this year and up until this minute, landscape works while portrait still does not which is not good news.

I too am a recent victim of this (one of many) bug/incapability/whatever else this phone sucks at.  This was the most embarrassing moment caused by this phone and the final straw for me. I cant wait to be done with this brick but no one will even take it for trade in--thats how little value it has.  Well "you get what you pay for" most certainly applies here and i will forever respect that mantra when it comes to phone buying.  I don't know how i thought i could go with anything other than apple (which you can actually get more than by with the budget or older models)

I have a long list of frustrations with this phone but i digress. Plus i dont know wether to blame moto, android, or just this model.

Options

6 Posts

05-21-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 42 of 70

2021-07-23, 3:07 AM

Um, wow. The Walmart price check did work on landscape mode. I tried with a barcode at home. Does landscape also work for Walmart pay? 

Options

13 Posts

01-29-2021

United States of America

24 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 43 of 70

2021-07-23, 3:14 AM
As I and others have stated; Landscape works for barcode and QR scanning "outside Walmart Pay". Read posts carefully.
Options

1 Posts

07-24-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 44 of 70

2021-07-24, 23:53 PM

I had the same problem, drove me nuts for weeks shopping with my old phone. "Awaiting Scan" was all the 2 Kroger apps would give on the Moto Power 2021.

Going to the camera settings and changing the settings "Photo" from Recommended 12mp (48mp/quad pixel) to 8mp(32mp/ quad pixel)

fixed my issues, except the issue I have with Levono for not giving anything but lip service for the last 6 months and dumping it on the play store the resolve the issue.

Options

6 Posts

05-21-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 45 of 70

2021-07-25, 0:09 AM

I was responding To Danny Vu who had just  previously posted that in landscape mode price check works within the Walmart app.. And indeed it does. He didn't mention Walmart Pay and that is why I asked him further. This was not a response to yours or others posts. 

Options

5 Posts

07-04-2021

United States of America

12 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 46 of 70

2021-07-25, 16:31 PM
Thanks a lot men, I tested and works even with 48MP/ Quad Pixel, so sad that has to be you and no one from Lenovo or motorola support team. Kudos to you. Lenovo don't care about us, but in my case I 'm looking for other hardware and I will stay away from this unprofessional company.
Options

13 Posts

01-29-2021

United States of America

24 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 47 of 70

2021-07-26, 14:09 PM

Changing the settings in the camera to a lower resolution did not fix the Walmart Pay problem. If it works for you, great. The problem still persists while we wait for a resolve. I strongly encourage anyone reading to not buy the Moto G Power 2021 and get the Moto G Power 2020 instead. Better specs and Android 11 has been released to Moto G Power 2020. Moto G Power 2021 is less specs and awaiting Android 11 that's guaranteed an update. For a low budget phone, I feel the Power series is going to be the last, best budget smartphone of it's kind as Motorola/Lenovo gets cheaper and cheaper on their products making them less quality tested before release.

Options

5 Posts

07-04-2021

United States of America

12 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 48 of 70

2021-07-28, 23:31 PM

I tested today Walmart Pay and it don't work on landscape option, only works price scanner, it sucks, never had an issue 3rd party QR reader app. I want to see when Motorola is going to do to fix it, how is possible Moto G Power 2021 don't get it fixed, they say is Walmart app, but I don't believe it some one also complain the same DroboPix App fail it too with QR reader camera.

Options

1 Posts

08-18-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 49 of 70

2021-08-18, 1:02 AM

had to go through the trouble of making an account just to say that ihave the moto g100. so far, so go except for THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM 

like, i (unfortunately) work at walmart, so i do need to use my phone for scanning things constantly while at work, and it's very frustrating to have this issue. 

here's a few things i've noticed: 

whatever software is running the qr/barcode detection only picks up black/white images. and the code needs to be the ONLY thing in frame for the scanner to work while on the walmart apps. 

which is quite annoying and difficult, considering that 1) the screen is super large and can fit a lot of content in the frame. and if you get too close in order to get only the code, it may make the image blurry. 

if the qr code is on something that's not black/white, you're pretty much (removed) out of luck 

lowering the resolution doesn't seem to do anything for me. landscape mode "works" but that's because it's easier to fit only the barcode within the space. but qr codes are not long (they're squares), so it's extremely difficult to get JUST the qr code in the frame, which is super stinky if you plan to use walmart pay. 

i've also noticed in the actual camera app, when you set the camera specifically to "scan" it tries to detect entire labels or documents rather than recognizing just the barcode/qr code. I think this is because the programming of the application might be set to identify black/white text rather than specifically just codes. 

unless you're like, a pog champ programmer god, this isn't something the average consumer can fix themselves. It's something motorola/lenovo would have to patch with an update, but considering that all of yall have been at this for a while with nothing but, what someone has called, "lip service" i don't think we'll be getting a solution any time soon 

like, i like my phone a lot. everything about it has been great other than this one hiccup. and if i didn't work at walmart, i wouldn't find this to be such a problem, but like.... i need the scanners to work in order to do my job, yo 

and i would just go back to using my old phone, at least while at work, but it's an iphone se (the 2016 version), so it's kinda slow, the battery life sucks by today's standard of battery demand, and like.... idk, apple is stinky and doesn't let you use wifi on the phone for anything unless a sim card is inserted (and i'm REALLY not going to switch sim cards back and forth everyday just to be able to use my new moto phone) 

come on, lenovo/motorola! come thru! we really need a fix for this. I literally have one of your most latest phones and it's still an issue

Edited for site rule violation - language. Please follow all rules to participate. Thanks. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704

Options

1 Posts

04-07-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 50 of 70

2021-08-22, 16:20 PM

This started in January, is there a fix yet?  I can get price to work in landscape, but the qr for Walmart pay is not yet working.  Update please.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms