Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-05-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 4

QR code scanning in DroboPix App Not Working

2021-04-07, 19:33 PM

Moto G Power (2021) purchased March 5, 2021.

DroboPix app v 1.0.8 (from Google Play)

Android 10, build number QZBS30.Q4-43-35-2

Android Security patch level February 1, 2021

Google Play system update 2021-03-01

NB: This issue existed before the Security Patch was updated in late March.

I have given DroboPix all of the permissions requested and confirmed by looking in the Apps, DroboPix, Permissions area.

DroboPix works by scanning a QR code generated by the desktop Dashboard SW to link the device to a specific photo storage location on the Drobo NAS. DroboPix running on the Moto G Power (2021) will not scan the QR code. The Camera app scans QR codes without issue (that I've found so far). 

My Moto X, Moto G4, Moto G5 Plus and my daughter's Moto G Play (also on Android 10) work(ed) fine - no issues with DroboPix. Please fix. I suspect some call between the DroboPix app and the Camera app is failing; not sure if it's the call being made or the response (or not receiving the call). FYI - I worked for Motorola Mobility before, during, and after Google bought the company (before selling to Lenovo). I'm very familiar with HW/Android interactions.

Options

3572 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

721 Signins

55525 Page Views

• Views: 55525
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:QR code scanning in DroboPix App Not Working

2021-04-08, 19:58 PM

Hi Stanfdfn,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concern. Is this already happening after you installed the DroboPix app? Have you tried resetting the app by clearing the cache and app data? Which you can do by going to Settings > Apps and Notifications > See All Apps > DroboPix > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Storage. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

03-05-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-09, 1:11 AM

I updated my profile to contain the IMEI and info of the phone. My Carrier, Red Pocket, is not listed in the options.

The DroboPix app Cache is at 0 B as is the Data Storage. Even so, I pressed "Clear Cache" and now neither it nor "Clear Storage" are available to select. I tried the app again and it still doesn't read the QR code. 

I've also uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, and installed again. Still doesn't work.

Thank you,

Sarah

Options

3572 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

721 Signins

55525 Page Views

• Views: 55525
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-09, 18:01 PM

@ Stanfdfn wrote:

I updated my profile to contain the IMEI and info of the phone. My Carrier, Red Pocket, is not listed in the options.

The DroboPix app Cache is at 0 B as is the Data Storage. Even so, I pressed "Clear Cache" and now neither it nor "Clear Storage" are available to select. I tried the app again and it still doesn' read the QR code. 

I' also uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, and installed again. Still doesn' work.

Thank you,

Sarah

We will need a bug report so that we can look into it, but this may require the app developer to update their app. We would recommend contacting the app developer as well.

To enable developer options:
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Steps on how to generate a Bug Report:
Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced ->Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link of the Bug Report via Private Message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken.
Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)