Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-27-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 11 of 15

Re:Android Auto Autoconnect Issue

2021-06-27, 1:58 AM

Brand new moto e 2020 with no third party apps installed and the latest software update and this piece of junk doesn’t automatically open android auto with the stock cable. That’s the only reason I bought it. Thanks Motorola or Lenovo or whatever company/country owns this junk. Worse than useless! 

Options

2 Posts

06-27-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 12 of 15

2021-06-27, 3:57 AM
Oh and of course it works when I disable unlock pin! 🙄
Options

1 Posts

11-24-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 13 of 15

2021-11-24, 15:16 PM

I have a Honda Pilot 2018 and a moto g stylus, I have similar issues, my husband's LG phone connects with no problem, I spend 2-3 minutes connecting to Android auto each time I get into the car, it's a hassle, tempted to get a new phone just due to this otherwise phone is great. I can't find the right combo/order pattern to unlock, connect to usb, device connect to make it connect constantly and immediately, and shouldn't have to when other phones just connect easily. 

Options

109 Posts

07-09-2017

United States of America

117 Signins

738 Page Views

• Views: 738
  • Message 14 of 15

2021-11-24, 15:43 PM

Best thing I've found to use my Moto G Power (2020/Android 11) with Android Auto is the "AA Wireless" purpose-built adapter being sold on IndieGoGo for $85. It is connected to the car's wired USB connection, and contains a WiFi hotspot to which the phone connects when you're in the vehicle.  The device handles all of the handshaking with Android Auto in the car such than you pretty much just hop into the car and go... no cables to connect and Android Auto is running with the phone connected wirelessly in about 20 seconds after you start the car.

BTW... it helps to set your car up as a "trusted device" in Smart Lock to keep it unlocked while connected to the car's bluetooth.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/

Options

2768 Posts

11-24-2020

India

255 Signins

28035 Page Views

• Views: 28035
  • Message 15 of 15

2021-11-25, 9:02 AM

@ KtScarletUSC wrote:

I have a Honda Pilot 2018 and a moto g stylus, I have similar issues, my husband's LG phone connects with no problem, I spend 2-3 minutes connecting to Android auto each time I get into the car, it's a hassle, tempted to get a new phone just due to this otherwise phone is great. I can't find the right combo/order pattern to unlock, connect to usb, device connect to make it connect constantly and immediately, and shouldn't have to when other phones just connect easily. 

Hi, 

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone. I will try my best to help you with this. Have you tried the above-recommended troubleshooting instructions? If not, can you please try and let me know how it goes. So I can check and assist you accordingly. 

Thanks

Sunitha  

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms