10-26-2020

US

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

Crazy ex flashed my firmware

2020-10-26, 6:40 AM

Hello all, Please excuse me if I ask anything that should be obvious but this is my first venture into any forum and I've always been able to resolve my Hardware or Software issues on my own.  I dont know the exact reasoning behind this but I've discovered recently that my ex girlfriend of 3 years had flashed my Moto G Power firmware with  one from a Moto G5 Plus.  That being said, I didnt notice any changes to the OS itself which is Android 10.  I know there must be something nefarious here, and believe my ex wife of 23 years could also be involved. I was only able to discover the change when the motorola support site informed me that I was running a "modified version" of Android when I visited on my phone.  Or maybe it was "custom version". Herein lies my main issue, I currently am writing this on my smart TV as I dont have access to a computer at the moment. My TV also said "downloading not supported" when I tried to download the correct firmware for my phone.  First, what could be the reasoning for this episode to occur (with my ex flashing my firmware)., could the phones service be used by others if so bevause she had also gained access to my google accounts and virtually everything I did was seen by someone.  And secondly, is there anyway for me to resolve this without a PC?  I know this sounds NUTS but please understand that both of these women are EXACTLY THAT.  Thanks in advance for any help, and since my access here atm is via my LG smart TV, I'll anxiously  await responses.

Options

2 Posts

10-26-2020

US

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Crazy ex flashed my firmware

2020-10-26, 7:13 AM

If that "whats DOS" beside my avatar/username was a response, Im unfamiliar with these forums or any. I know DOSS as Disk operrating system and MSDOS and some commandsss for a nn PC bu Ive got no idea what it would be on my phone. I bouuught the phone at Wallmart and is on Straight Talk's CDMA network... Also, when I initially purchased the phone,one of the games Ive played for a very long time worked fine with the "enhancved graphics" setting enabled and the ame now says that my device isn't powerful enough for this setting.  The phone  has 64 internal with an added 128 SD and 4

GB RAM

Options

11395 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1163 Signins

157735 Page Views

• Views: 157735
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-10-26, 19:36 PM

Hi marzbarz1976,

Thanks for posting. We don't generally support if the phone is rooted or the software is altered. Try flashing the software to  Android 10, lock the bootloader and perform full factory data  reset. I would suggest setting up as new. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

145 Posts

08-06-2019

US

231 Signins

2209 Page Views

• Views: 2209
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-10-26, 22:02 PM

1) Immediately change your password to your Google account.

This will ensure all devices, both legitimate and suspicious, are signed-out of your account.

2) Contact you cellphone carrier and change your password to your account as well. Even if a new ROM has been flashed to your device, assume your device’s IMEI number has been permanently compromised. Lastly, consider purchasing a brand new phone and SIM card. Request a new telephone number too. Although inconvenient, this is probably your safest and best option when it comes to your personal privacy.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete