Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

05-25-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 19

Everyone else hate the G power as much as I do?

2020-05-25, 18:15 PM
This phone sucks I wish I hadn't bought it. It's all touch, so half the time it doesn't unlock unless I sit there and finger bang my screen. Since it's all touch Moto's fancy gesture b.s. be careful scrolling on websites! It will just exit back or start over cause you touched the wrong part of the screen! I'm so unhappy with this investment. There is no short cut for the camera unless you physically touch your phone with 3 fingers (be prepared for lots of random black pocket photos). Don't like pocket photos? Then unlock and open the app only option. Can't even double click one of the 3 physical buttons on the phone... Hmm guess shortcut keys are to advanced now. You know what else is just to advanced... A notification light or something to tell you, you missed something? Speakers aren't that great and the camera 😂 sucks honestly. But I am now invested and sad ... Don't be sad too shop around. P.s. Motorola had a way of not letting you review what you bought on the site ... So idk if I'd go to them directly if your really wanting this so NOT awesome phone... I was happier with my (what I found to be horrible at the time and had a shattered screen) $60 cheap LG and I swore I would never get another. Now I'm thinking the $60 would have been a solid investment once more... There is also no way to turn down just notification volume. It's integrated into the ring volume. So either my phones on basically silent and I miss calls or I sit and listen to my email chime insanely loud. Apparently if your calls are important so is every other unimportant notification from every app.
Options

110 Posts

01-05-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

78 Signins

1273 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1273
  • Message 2 of 19

Re:Everyone else hate the G power as much as I do?

2020-05-26, 8:11 AM
This is not an all touch phone! Suggest you use Power key or Finger print sensor on the Back. Failing that you have a faulty phone, or read manual. Sorry to be so harsh.
Options

110 Posts

01-05-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

78 Signins

1273 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1273
  • Message 3 of 19

2020-05-26, 8:12 AM
This is not an all touch phone! Suggest you use Power key or Finger print sensor on the Back. Failing that you have a faulty phone, or read manual. Sorry to be so harsh.
Options

367 Posts

10-12-2012

United States of America

901 Signins

22073 Page Views

• Views: 22073
  • Message 4 of 19

2020-05-26, 21:08 PM

Sorry, but it's time for a history lesson, because your G-Power phone never had the technical problem you claim it does:  

Google removed both the separate notification level adjustment feature and the fully customizable ring and notfication tones from the master Android code when they rolled out 6.0 on Droid Turbo about five years ago.  I know this because I was in the Motorola Droid Turbo test group.  Many of us complained strongly at that time to get both items restored, but without success.  Motorola then made it quite clear to us that Google would no longer allow them to offer those (former patented Moto-exclusive) features on any Android phone again.  

Options

2 Posts

05-27-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 19

2020-05-29, 4:24 AM

No.

Options

11 Posts

08-11-2020

United States of America

19 Signins

140 Page Views

• Views: 140
  • Message 6 of 19

2020-08-22, 9:01 AM

I'm starting to think it's going to be a long and frustrating ownership. I had a Moto e5 Supra and I liked it and most features, but was freezing up and would immediately start if I clicked on the power button to sleep and re-start right away.

So, I couldn't resist the good reviews and hype about g power and got me one. 

I have had trouble loading some videos from Facebook and other venues. I re-started many times, had a bug report created and sent to Motorola agent and no solution. Videos often freeze, black out and glitch. I got frustrated and re-set the whole phone to factory reset. It helped, but I begin to see slow loading and black screens as well as glitches. One video showed a quick message that it wasn't available in my platform, browser or operating whatever. I know it's the phone because I can even use my previous phone in my home's wife with better results. Still waiting on a response.

Screenshot_20200822-012644.png
Options

430 Posts

08-06-2019

United States of America

1618 Signins

7589 Page Views

• Views: 7589
  • Message 7 of 19

2020-08-23, 0:10 AM

"Google removed both the separate notification level adjustment feature and the fully customizable ring and notfication tones."

In Motorola's case this is true. It has always run stock or Vanilla Android. However, the same can't be said for other OEMs with their own unique skins and tweaked versions of Android. LG and Samsung are two OEMs which come to mind. They kept many of the features you mentioned. My old LG Stylo 3 Plus had separate volume controls for Notifications and the Ringer. It also had fully customizable tones for both Notification and Ringtones.

Options

86 Posts

07-09-2017

United States of America

100 Signins

648 Page Views

• Views: 648
  • Message 8 of 19

2020-08-23, 0:33 AM

The Motorola implementation of Android is pretty good (and without the "bloat" that some other manufacturers indulge in). A few niceties such as the independently adjustable ringtone and notification levels are missing... but on the whole it's pretty good out of the box. I'm one who usually installs a "custom" ROM on my phones sooner than later, so I tend to look at the G Power as a good platform to do that on when I'm ready.  I'll probably wait until the developers have a good solid recovery done and there are at least a few Android 11 custom ROMs out.

That's a benefit of the custom ROMs... you'll generally be able to make those very granular "fine tuning" adjustments like separate ringtone and notification audio levels.

Options

430 Posts

08-06-2019

United States of America

1618 Signins

7589 Page Views

• Views: 7589
  • Message 9 of 19

2020-08-23, 23:47 PM

In the early days of Android, rooting and installing Custom ROMS offered so much in terms of tweaking and personal customization. Unfortunately with Google's implementation of Safety Net, it no longer appeals to me like it once did. Always staying one step ahead of Safety Net has become a tedious chore. I've come to accept the limitations of stock Android.

Options

16 Posts

08-16-2009

SoCal

25 Signins

181 Page Views

• Views: 181
  • Message 10 of 19

2020-08-27, 19:56 PM

I hear and understand the complaints about screen gesture navigation. I tried it for a while because it left a cleaner screen, but as often as not it mistook normal Gmail or web gestures for "home." So I stopped using screen gestures, and while I always see the three buttons at the bottom of the screen, all is well.

There are other gestures, though (Settings / System / Gestures) which can be set. Two that I liked with my Moto Z Play are still there: twisting the wrist starts the camera, and the chopping motion turns on the flashlight. (More camera twists alternate between rear and front cameras; you have to use Home to close the camera.)

I don't like the notification & ringtone volume being on the same slider, although for me it's that the notification sound is too quiet. I looked into this, and my research so far indicates that this has been set in Android for the last three or four versions, and it's not unique to Motorola. I've read some posts about other brands having separate sliders, but if they do, it appears to be a manufacturer modification. 

Aside of questions about the type of glass used, I'm actually happy with this phone. The processor is plenty fast for my needs, the 4gb of RAM speeds things up nicely from the 3gb in my last phone, the display is very good, sound is excellent with better volume and fidelity than my Moto Z Play, and the battery life is amazing. I haven't done much with the camera yet, but I've never depended on my phone to give me more than snapshots. And frankly, for $250, it's hard to complain that performance isn't as good as phones costing 2 to 4 times as much.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms