Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

11-30-2012

United States

8 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1 of 11

FM Radio Volume Lowers When Background Noise Is Present

2021-04-01, 1:31 AM

Seems to only happen when I run FM Radio, but when I am using headphones outside on a walk/run, the volume just slowly lowers to zero.  It works fine for awhile, then starts to have issues.  The only thing I can think is that it occurs when I'm on the sidewalk closest to the road where cars drive by, or when it is windy.

This happened on both types of headphones, one that is just straight 2-pole stereo headphones, and one that is 3-pole that includes hands-free microphone.

I can't seem to find a setting that would disable this.

I know that if you pushed the microphone icon for google assistant, or started a command with "hey google", it would duck the audio, but no commands are being spoken and screen is locked.

I did find a setting about automatically muting apps and disabled that, but that didn't help.

Any clues?  

It's a Moto G Power 2021.

Options

682 Posts

11-24-2020

India

106 Signins

9845 Page Views

• Views: 9845
  • Message 2 of 11

Re:FM Radio Volume Lowers When Background Noise Is Present

2021-04-01, 7:56 AM

Hi ejlviking,

I have moved your post here to the Moto G Power(2021) community. Originally you have posted under the Moto G Power community.  Someone from the team should be present shortly to help you further.

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3712 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56570 Page Views

• Views: 56570
  • Message 3 of 11

2021-04-05, 14:20 PM

Hi ejlviking,

May we know how are you holding the phone while when walking outside?

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

8 Posts

11-30-2012

United States

8 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 4 of 11

2021-04-05, 14:56 PM

It happens whether I hold it in my hand or in my pocket.

Options

3712 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56570 Page Views

• Message 5 of 11

2021-04-05, 18:45 PM

@ ejlviking wrote:

It happens whether I hold it in my hand or in my pocket.

We tried to duplicate this and we were not able to experience the same behavior that you have mentioned. Please provide us a bug report as soon as the volume drops. Also, can you confirm the following? When the volume gets quiet are you able to increase the volume with the volume keys?

To enable developer options:
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Steps on how to generate a Bug Report:
1. Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
2. Enable Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
3. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced ->Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
4. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
5. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link of the Bug Report via Private Message.
6. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken.
7. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!

Options

8 Posts

11-30-2012

United States

8 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2021-04-06, 17:24 PM

When it occurs, the main media volume, (indicated by the music note icon), goes all the way to zero or off.

I can use the volume buttons to increase the volume.

Where can I browse to get the bug report?

It generated the report and in the process of trying to share it to my google drive, the screen disappeared to the main screen. 

I've been looking in the files but haven't found it yet.

Options

3712 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56570 Page Views

• Message 7 of 11

2021-04-06, 18:32 PM

@ ejlviking wrote:

When it occurs, the main media volume, (indicated by the music note icon), goes all the way to zero or off.

It generated the report and in the process of trying to share it to my google drive, the screen disappeared to the main screen. 

I' been looking in the files but haven' found it yet.

The bug report is saved directly to Google drive not in the phone's internal storage. Try looking there and sort it to the most recent, it should be there once it is saved. Then you can send it to me through private message which you can do by clicking on my profile and send private message. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

3712 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56570 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2021-04-07, 14:20 PM

@ ejlviking wrote:

I' been looking in the files but haven' found it yet.

Thanks for the bug report, we'll send it along to have someone take a look at it. In the mean time, can you try paying close attention to how you're handling the phone. Use the headset with no in-line controls. Go for a walk in the area you notice it happening in. Make sure you aren't hold the phone and accidently pressing/holding the buttons down.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

8 Posts

11-30-2012

United States

8 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 9 of 11

2021-04-07, 17:04 PM

I did some more testing and found that it is related to the microphone sensing too much noise/wind.

With my 3 pole earbuds, I can blow into the microphone and watch the volume go to zero.

I rebooted into Safe Mode and did not have the lowering volume problem.

When I rebooted into normal mode, I could no longer reproduce the issue.

I will try to keep track of the apps that get opened throughout the day and see if any of them might lead to the issue again. Or the bug report may show which app(s) it is.

Options

3712 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

56570 Page Views

• Message 10 of 11

2021-04-08, 20:01 PM

@ ejlviking wrote:

I did some more testing and found that it is related to the microphone sensing too much noise/wind.

With my 3 pole earbuds, I can blow into the microphone and watch the volume go to zero.

I rebooted into Safe Mode and did not have the lowering volume problem.

When I rebooted into normal mode, I could no longer reproduce the issue.

I will try to keep track of the apps that get opened throughout the day and see if any of them might lead to the issue again. Or the bug report may show which app(s) it is.

Sure, please keep us updated on this. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms