US

3018 Signins

57971 Page Views

• Views: 57971
  • Message 11 of 20

Re:G Power vs G7

2020-07-30, 18:29 PM

@ dtjack wrote:

I'm willing to try that with Sprint as long as you can guarantee me that won't screw up my service.

Ahh with Sprint you cant just switch SIM cards. My bad. Let me think about this a bit and I'll get back to you. In the meantime, can you update your forum profile with both your and your wife's IMEI's, this way I can better compare the software and features.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2950 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3018 Signins

57971 Page Views

• Message 12 of 20

2020-07-30, 18:31 PM

@ dtjack wrote:

I really don't think this is a SIM card issue.

What is this a screenshot from? How did you get there?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2020-07-30, 21:18 PM
Long press home screen, styles and wallpaper, then "grid"
Options

2020-07-31, 17:42 PM
The wife's G7 even has an option to add the percent (number) inside the battery. The G Power does not have that option.
Options

2020-08-02, 22:06 PM
Call Screening WORKING on G Power. * Uninstall all updates to Phone * Don't use beta version * Update to Play Store (non beta) version * Start Wifi * Open Phone. Go to settings, call screening * Wait for activation I don't work for Motorola.
Options

Crickets

2020-08-05, 18:14 PM

So nothing from the experts? Sorry for pointing out some opportunities, but now it's like nothing will even be done about it.

Options

2950 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3018 Signins

57971 Page Views

• Message 17 of 20

2020-08-06, 13:48 PM

@ dtjack wrote:

Call Screening WORKING on G Power. * Uninstall all updates to Phone* Don't use beta version* Update to Play Store (non beta) version* Start Wifi* Open Phone. Go to settings, call screening* Wait for activationI don't work for Motorola.

I'm glad you got the Call Screening feature working. As for features like 'lift to unlock' and other differences. as I mentioned before not all features will be the same on all models. Some features that were rarely used by customers may have been dropped on newer products. However, if you give me a list of the features you want, I can pass it along to our product teams for future consideration.

-Tom

Options

2020-08-06, 23:34 PM

Please fix the broken launcher editor as I posted a while ago.

Options

2950 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3018 Signins

57971 Page Views

• Message 19 of 20

2020-08-07, 13:31 PM

@ dtjack wrote:

Please fix the broken launcher editor as I posted a while ago.

You're talking about setting the Grid size, correct? If so, please generate a bug report when you get that error. (Steps below)

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Options

2020-08-07, 17:53 PM

Lol, ok. You didn't ask for that log when you asked me where the error came from the first time. Never mind. How do I delete my account? This is useless and futile.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete