06-11-2020

US

7 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 4

How to check for and stop apps running in the background

2020-07-28, 8:24 AM
How do I check for and stop apps running running in the background on the Motorola Moto G Power 2020?
Options

1907 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1721 Signins

26513 Page Views

• Views: 26513
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:How to check for and stop apps running in the background

2020-07-28, 9:38 AM

I'm running a different version of Android than you but...

Phone settings > and in the search box at the top type opti and wait for the list to populate and then click on Battery Optimization and in the little box (Not optimized) choose all apps. Enable Battery optimization on any app you don't want running all the time.

Can I ask why you think you need this?

Options

112 Posts

08-06-2019

US

160 Signins

1689 Page Views

• Views: 1689
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-07-28, 21:53 PM

If you would like to see which apps are running in the background and how to immediately hibernate them then "Greenify" is your answer. It's a third-party app developed by Oasis Feng and highly recommeded by XDA. According to the Play Store, "Greenify helps you identify and put misbehaving apps into hibernation when you are not actively using them. It stops them from lagging your device or leeching the battery, in a unique way! They can do nothing without explicit launch by you or other apps, while still preserving full functionality when running in foreground."

Here's an article which explains Greenify in further detail and how to set it up> https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/set-up-greenify-without-root-save-battery-life-any-android-0201480/

Options

19084 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2336 Signins

57417 Page Views

• Views: 57417
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-07-30, 14:51 PM

@ Robj46 wrote:

How do I check for and stop apps running running in the background on the Motorola Moto G Power 2020?

Hi.

Unless you have some issue that needs troubleshooting, we recommend letting the Android OS manage apps running in the background, or, of course, using the display control to swipe away/close apps you have previously opened.

The system will manage any apps that don't show in your running apps area. By closing apps you don't think you need, you basically get one of three results:

1. The app is needed and restarts anyway, in some cases using more power in the process than if you had left it alone.
  2. You lose some functionality or encounter an error or problem as a result of shutting down the app.
  3. You gain some very negligible increase in battery life or responsiveness, etc.

We discourage the use of third-party apps that claim to be able to manage the Android OS better than runs natively. Worst case, they cause more problems than they are worth; best case, again, they provide extremely small gains, if any. I am willing to be convinced otherwise on this, but they would truly have to solve a problem I don't have. (For example, I would not be interested in battery life going from 22 hours to 22.5; if I get through the day, I'm going to start tomorrow with a full battery again anyway.)

You can always go to Settings > Apps to find your apps, and from there you can select and stop apps.

Hope this helps.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete