04-30-2020

US

13 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 5

Is there a way to check battery health?

2020-07-11, 11:58 AM

When I'm using certain apps simultaneously (such as the Uber Driver app and streaming Spotify) my phone's battery runs out a lot faster than I expected it would. I've read many reviews of the Moto G Power which say that the battery is one of the phone's best features and can last for up to three days on a single charge, but my phone's battery goes from fully charged to almost dead in about five hours (of continuous use) when I'm using the apps I mentioned above. Perhaps these apps are just particularly heavy in their power usage and that is why the battery runs out this quickly, but I still thought I'd get more than about 5 hours of use off a full charge. I am aware that I can view information such as which apps are using the most power, recommendations on how to adjust the settings to maximize battery life, etc, but what I want to know is whether my phone's battery is working as it's supposed to. So, short of sending my phone into Motorola to have it looked at, is there any way I can check the "health" of the battery and if it's functioning as it should be?

Solved! See the solution
Options

98 Posts

08-06-2019

US

157 Signins

1684 Page Views

• Views: 1684
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Is there a way to check battery health?

2020-07-11, 16:28 PM

Go to the Moto "Device Help" app in your App Drawer. The Moto "Device Help" app has an icon with a blue question mark inside a white circle.  Once you tap on it, go to Device Diagnosis>Hardware Test>Battery.

I also would suggest booting your phone into Safe Mode. See if the battery drain still occurs.  If it doesn't then a third-party app maybe causing the problem. Lastly, you can also perform a Factory Reset.

Options

11 Posts

04-30-2020

US

13 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-07-12, 12:21 PM

Thank you for your reply. I did the battery test and it says its condition is "Good".  What are the various condition levels? Is there an "Excellent", or is "Good" the highest?

Also, just to correct my initial post, the battery actually lasts for about six hours when running the apps I mentioned, not five hours as I mistakenly said.

Options

98 Posts

08-06-2019

US

157 Signins

1684 Page Views

• Views: 1684
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-07-12, 18:26 PM

As far as I know, there are only two condition levels for battery health: "GOOD" with Green lettering and "BAD" with Red lettering. "GOOD" is the highest condition level. It was the same on my previous LG phones. If you really want some detailed information about your battery's health you can always install a third-party app like BetterBatteryStats from the Play Store. According to the Play Store's description, "With BetterBatteryStats you can analyse the behavior of your phone, find applications causing the phone to drain battery while it is supposed to be asleep and measure the effect of corrective actions:
- Spot drainers based on detailed information about the root cause
- measure the effect of actions to reduce drain, following a simple method
- detect changes in the awake/sleep profile and quickly find the causes ie...rogue apps"

It can be installed via ADB command without root. Just be sure to install two pieces of software on your PC: 1) Motorola Device Manager  2) Motorola Mobile Drivers Installation. You'll need both pieces of software to fully install and activate BetterBatteryStats. This app has been an invaluable tool for me on all of my Android devices.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

11 Posts

04-30-2020

US

13 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-07-14, 7:48 AM

Okay, thanks again for your prompt and thorough reply. It's much appreciated. I think my battery is probably working normally and the reason it runs out so fast is due to the Uber Driver app being such a power hog. When I'm not using that app, the battery lasts much, much longer. But I'll check out that third-party app you mentioned just to be certain.

Thanks,

Greg

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete