Options

10 Posts

08-06-2020

US

14 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 11 of 22

Re:LTE Not Working When moving from Google Fi to Red Pocket MVNO (using CDMA / VZW)

2020-08-09, 15:38 PM

Still no correct answer from Fi,  they just offered a trade in for new phone, which of course may have same problem. 

And I do not know what price they are willing offer for used G Power?

I have started a thread on  XDA developers, the rooting experts, for help with this problem:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g-power/how-to/g-power-phones-google-fi-unlocked-help-t4144935

Options

7 Posts

08-06-2020

US

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 12 of 22

Re:LTE Not Working When moving from Google Fi to Red Pocket MVNO (using CDMA / VZW)

2020-08-09, 17:56 PM

Thanks for the update and for posting on XDA.  I'll follow your thread over there.

I'm anxious to hear what @Agent_Zeke comes up with.

Options

10 Posts

08-06-2020

US

14 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 13 of 22

2020-08-09, 18:38 PM

To get the correct perspective, can we yet say, these "unlocked" phones will only not fully port over to MVNOS?  Is anyone having the problem when 

directly using a big 3 network provider?

Options

112 Posts

08-06-2019

US

160 Signins

1689 Page Views

• Views: 1689
  • Message 14 of 22

2020-08-10, 22:37 PM

I've never purchased an "Unlocked" Motorola phone from Google Fi. However, I can attest from personal experience that "Unlocked" Motorola phones purchased from Best Buy work without a hitch. It's important to keep a few things in mind though. Advance features such as WiFi Calling, VoLTE and Hotspot are all completely dependent upon your carrier. In the case of T-Mobile and Metro, all three of these features work on the Moto G Power. WiFi Calling and Hotspot must be toggled on via Settings. However, VoLTE is automatically turned on by default. There is no toggle switch. There's no need to worry if you are with T-Mobile or any of its MNVOs. Every single feature(Hotspot, HD Voice, VoLTE, Video Calling, Wifi Calling) works right out of the box without a hassle. If you have an unlocked Motorola phone, unfortunately Wifi Calling and Video Calling aren’t available on Verizon. Verizon's native Wifi & Video Calling feature is only available on two unlocked phones, the iPhone and Pixel series. All other unlocked devices will be incompatible with those two features. The only feature Verizon guarantees on unlocked devices is VoLTE. This is part of their BOYD policy. If you desire to have the features mentioned, you must purchase a Verizon-branded phone. For future reference, T-Mobile allows Wifi Calling, Video Calling and VoLTE on any unlocked device. Here’s a Verizon thread where this subject is talked about in great detail>

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Android-General/Wifi-Calling-Service-on-BYOD-Unlocked-Phones/td-p/1007924

Options

82 Posts

02-24-2020

US

123 Signins

1365 Page Views

• Views: 1365
  • Message 15 of 22

2020-08-11, 17:13 PM

From what I read from XDA and Reddit, G Power from Fi seems to be APN locked. Don't be surprised for subsidized phone.

You can manually flash RETUS or RETAIL ROM.

Bootloader unlock required. Proceed with your own risk.

Options

7 Posts

08-06-2020

US

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 16 of 22

2020-08-11, 22:15 PM

Hey @Agent_Zeke 

Any UPDATE????

Options

1974 Posts

03-11-2019

US

590 Signins

42140 Page Views

• Views: 42140
  • Message 17 of 22

2020-08-12, 16:36 PM

Hi Yar33,

Sorry for the late reply and we do not have any update yet. We are also looking into the links shared on this thread. We'll get back to you once we have some updates on our investigation.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1974 Posts

03-11-2019

US

590 Signins

42140 Page Views

• Message 18 of 22

2020-08-13, 19:37 PM

Hi Yar33,

We will have improvements on LTE service coming in the future updates. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

08-06-2020

US

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 19 of 22

2020-08-14, 4:06 AM

Hi Agent_Zeke,

Wow!!  That’s great news!!  If you don’t mind, could we get some details?  It’s my understanding that there are a lot of people in this same situation with G Power phones from Google Fi that don’t work on Verizon.  

1. Will these improvements include phones that are configured by Google Fi that currently block the VZWINTERNET APN?  (This is the specific problem I originally wrote about.)
  2. Can you narrow down what timeframe “future” means?  Is that in a soon-to-be-released update from Motorola, independent of an Android 11 update, and when could we anticipate that?  Or is it the Android 11 release, and will the G Power get that update? 

Again, thanks for this great information.  Many of us are looking forward to getting this problem resolved soon so we can actually use our new Motorola G Power phones.  Mine is currently sitting in the original box it came in.

Looking forward to the above answers,

Yar33

P.S.  I did see on another forum (xda) that one G Power user was able to insert his AT&T SIM card into his Google Fi sourced G Power and was successful in acquiring DATA.  So, maybe it’s just a Verizon LTE connection that is broken or that Google has blocked with firmware. (see attached)

Options

1974 Posts

03-11-2019

US

590 Signins

42140 Page Views

• Message 20 of 22

2020-08-14, 16:25 PM

Hi Yar33,

We checked that Google Fi Models having a problem with calls and data when moving to other carriers not just Verizon. These models will get fixed in future updates which is an update coming from us, not by Google. For now, we do not have any time frame for the update.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete