09-24-2020

US

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto G Power Support for Bluetooth Texting

2020-09-24, 12:57 PM

Does the Moto G Power with Android 10 OS have support for texting over bluetooth?  I've recently switched from a Galaxy S7 to the Moto G Power to save on cost and apparently as a caveat I lost this capability.  I have Ford Sync Gen 1 and Gen 2 and neither seems to work with this phone.  I can recieve and make calls and play media through the Sync but It says the phone does not support bluetooth texting.  I also have a Fitbit that used this same functionality that no longer works.  Is this an OS Flaw and will there be an update to fix?

Options

2129 Posts

03-11-2019

US

603 Signins

43490 Page Views

• Views: 43490
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Moto G Power Support for Bluetooth Texting

2020-09-24, 16:18 PM

Hi Nader75,

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. Bluetooth Texts is supported by the Moto G Power but it will depend on the Bluetooth device. Can you provide us the year and model of your car? 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

09-24-2020

US

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-09-24, 19:30 PM

I have to vehicles.  A 2008 Mercury Sable and a 2012 F150 Lariot

Options

2129 Posts

03-11-2019

US

603 Signins

43490 Page Views

• Views: 43490
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-09-24, 20:35 PM

Hi Nader75,

Are you able provide us a Bug Report with Bluetooth Snoop enabled so we can check on this?

BLUETOOTH BUG REPORT:
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive
9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.
10. Share the link to the Bug Report via a private message.
11. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
12. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete