Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-07-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto G Power camera/sharing question

2021-05-07, 1:56 AM

Hello, my Moto G Power is only the 2nd smartphone I have owned, so please forgive me if I don't phrase things  correctly. Previously, I had a Moto E4 Plus.

Today I took some pictures with the camera and wanted to share them on Instagram. On my E4, there was a row of apps to which I could share my photos. I did not see IG on my Moto Power, although Facebook was, Textra (my texting program) and "more " and "create link".  I noticed if I clicked More, I could see Instagram among all the other apps on the phone.

After hours of fiddling around, unsuccessfully trying to get Instagram pinned in that Share to Apps menu, suddenly Instagram is there. But now Facebook isn't.

Ideally, I'd like to have Google Drive, FB and IG there, along with Textra. I've seen that on older models of the phone, all you had to do was hold your finger down on the app icon, and the word Pin would appear. That doesn't happen on this model.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the apps I want to appear in the sharing area of the phone?

Hope this all makes sense!  Thank you very much.

Options

2728 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1172 Signins

50810 Page Views

• Views: 50810
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Moto G Power camera/sharing question

2021-05-07, 4:51 AM

@ ladyinblack wrote:

Hello, my Moto G Power is only the 2nd smartphone I have owned, so please forgive me if I don' phrase things  correctly. Previously, I had a Moto E4 Plus.

Today I took some pictures with the camera and wanted to share them on Instagram. On my E4, there was a row of apps to which I could share my photos. I did not see IG on my Moto Power, although Facebook was, Textra (my texting program) and "more " and "create link".  I noticed if I clicked More, I could see Instagram among all the other apps on the phone.

After hours of fiddling around, unsuccessfully trying to get Instagram pinned in that Share to Apps menu, suddenly Instagram is there. But now Facebook isn'.

Ideally, I' like to have Google Drive, FB and IG there, along with Textra. I' seen that on older models of the phone, all you had to do was hold your finger down on the app icon, and the word Pin would appear. That doesn' happen on this model.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the apps I want to appear in the sharing area of the phone?

Hope this all makes sense!  Thank you very much.

Hi ladyinblack ,

Welcome to Motorola Forums, It will be my pleasure to help you with this. Can you please follow the mentioned steps below and let us know how it goes.

1. Open the Photos app.

2. Navigate to the thumbnail of the item you want to share.

3. Select the item to share:

• To select one item, touch & hold its thumbnail.

• To select multiple items, touch & hold the first thumbnail, then touch the others to select them.

• To clear all selections touch  

4. Touch Image  and select the way you want to share.

• Send in Google Photos

• Share to Apps

Thanks

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

330 Posts

08-06-2019

United States of America

1035 Signins

5389 Page Views

• Views: 5389
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-05-07, 14:04 PM

Here are a few articles which may help. Keep in mind that even though you can pin several apps on the Share Menu, only four apps will be visible at any given time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techrepublic.com/google-amp/article/how-to-pin-apps-to-the-android-share-menu/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5google.com/2020/02/19/android-11-pin-apps-share-menu/amp/

Options

2 Posts

05-07-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-05-09, 21:22 PM

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not trying to do this in Photos. I'm doing it directly from the Camera's gallery.

Using the camera, If I select and hold an icon for an app, all I get is the name of the app and a link to the app itself.

Options

2728 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1172 Signins

50810 Page Views

• Views: 50810
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-05-12, 4:12 AM

@ ladyinblack wrote:

Thanks for your reply, but I' not trying to do this in Photos. I' doing it directly from the Camera' gallery.

Using the camera, If I select and hold an icon for an app, all I get is the name of the app and a link to the app itself.

Hi, 

Sorry to say that, there is no other way to do it this is working as designed. Please do let us know if you need any other help.

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms