07-10-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto G Power hotspot not working

2020-07-10, 20:41 PM

Bought new Moto G Power to replace Moto G5+ (with same carrier/sim card using prepaid limited data plan).  Hotspot not working.  When I turn it on, it gives message that (carrier) "Account not set up for mobile hotspot.   Your plan does not support mobile tethering."  Old phone hotspot worked just fine, so I would say that the account is set up for hotspot/mobile tethering.   I can get devices to connect to hotspot, but no data tranferred.  Any suggestions please?

Options

2 Posts

07-03-2020

US

5 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Moto G Power hotspot not working

2020-07-10, 21:34 PM

FYI, My new Moto G Power is using my SIM card on  T-Mobile and Hotspot is working fine.

Options

1 Posts

07-10-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-07-10, 22:37 PM

wmrmiller,  thanks for the info.  As an update, I spoke with my carrier, StraightTalk, who uses AT&T and T-Mobile cell towers depending on the SIM card you have.  They said that I have an AT&T SIM card and would be happy to get me UPGRADED to a T-Mobile SIM included with the Unlimited data plan for an additional $10/month.   I explained that the hotspot works with my old phone (still), so I MUST have a plan which includes being set up to be able to use my hotspot, right?  Nope.  Since "the system" sensed a change, it would now require an upgrade to be able to use a new T-Mobile SIM (with an upgraded plan) in my new phone.  I don't have particularly good service in alot of areas I work, so I may switch to Verizon prepaid.  Honestly, I don't use the hotspot alot, so for the same price I'd rather have better coverage.  Regards and thanks again for the response.  It confirms what they told me.

Options

98 Posts

08-06-2019

US

157 Signins

1684 Page Views

• Views: 1684
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-07-12, 19:23 PM

"Some phones allow you to tether right out of the box, even if your carrier technically doesn’t allow it in your plan. But some devices actually prevent you from using this feature if your carrier requests it." If you're getting an error message, please contact your carrier to resolve the issue. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete