06-20-2020

US

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 7

Moto g power network problem MetroPCS

2020-06-20, 4:01 AM
Does anyone run their Moto g power on MetroPCS bring your own device ? Since their widespread outage On or about Wednesday 6-10-29, I'm having network connectivity issues. I have tried multiple apn, but nothing seems to help. I contacted Motorola support, and she suggested changing the sim card. Metro wanted $15 for a new sim, but should have replaced it for free if that was their networks' fault. So stubbornly, I wouldn't pay the $15. I've contacted MetroPCS 3 times, gone to a metro store, and all they offer is a change of APN. So my question is, does anyone know what APN works the best on the Moto g power for the MetroPCS network ?
Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Views: 41795
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Moto g power network problem MetroPCS

2020-06-23, 12:54 PM

Hi JeffDMilwaukee,

Thanks for posting your concern. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

08-22-2011

US

47 Signins

418 Page Views

• Views: 418
  • Message 3 of 7

2020-07-02, 8:50 AM
I'm using metropcs with my Moto g 8 power and am having zero issues. I've attached my pan settings that were from the sim card. Let me ask you this, when you pull down the notification shade, does it say metro by tmobile to the right of the signal bars or does it say metropcs? Reason why I ask, I came from a pixel 2 about 2 weeks ago that it said metropcs yet everyone else I knew with bring your own device said metro by tmobile. So when I upgraded to the Moto g power, I bought a new sim and it changed to metro by tmobile and in my opinion the network has been smoother. Thinking you might need to get the sim. Hope my post helps some way.
Screenshot_20200702-044643.png
Options

2 Posts

08-22-2011

US

47 Signins

418 Page Views

• Views: 418
  • Message 4 of 7

2020-07-02, 8:51 AM
Also this apn is there. Sorry forgot it in the first post
Screenshot_20200702-045103.png
Options

2 Posts

06-20-2020

US

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2020-07-18, 20:28 PM
Thanks for trying to help. I've done all you suggested, and more. Nothing helps to get a better connection to LTE. The solution I found, was to change my preferred connection to 3G. I actually get a 3G+ connection (H network). I get a 2-5 Mbps connection, compared to 800 kbps to no connection on LTE. I went so far as to contact the CEO of TMobile, and got the main business office for tech help. While the tech tried to be helpful, nothing we did resolved my issue. Funny how, when I first bought the phone, I had absolutely no issues for a month. I actually connected at the reported 15 Mbps that was available nationally. Then when Metro had the nearly nationwide blackout, on about June 2nd, that's when I started experiencing my connectivity problems. During multiple calls to both Metro and Motorola tech help, none of the techs would admit to the network problems. They explained it as network upgrade work. I suspect Metro/T-Mobile are diverting resources to get their 5g networks running.
Options

2 Posts

06-20-2020

US

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2020-07-18, 20:48 PM
I've updated my profile as requested. I would appreciate you look into my connectivity issue. All the tech help I've received do not think it's a sim problem, because I can make and receive calls on the Metro by T-Mobile network, and connect, although limited to data. I have to set my preferred network type to 3G, instead of LTE, to get a decent data connection of around 2-5 Mbps. I used to be able to connect at around 15-40 Mbps.
Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Views: 41795
  • Message 7 of 7

2020-07-21, 13:45 PM

Hi JeffDMilwaukee,

Unfourtunately, if everyone was fine up to the outage a few weeks ago, this would likely fall on T-Mobile/Metro PCS as this appears to be a network related issue and not a phone issue. I would recommend you keep the pressure on Metro PCS to have them investigate. Maybe even request that a network ticket be opened.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete