Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

09-30-2020

United States of America

20 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 41 of 84

Re:No LTE on Sprint MVNO

2020-09-30, 5:24 AM
So Becky, Is there going to be a solution to this? Soon? Why can't Moto just allow editing of APN's and be done with it?
Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Views: 27725
  • Message 42 of 84

2020-09-30, 13:25 PM

@ Johnny RocketII wrote:

So Becky,Is there going to be a solution to this? Soon?Why can't Moto just allow editing of APN's and be done with it?

Hi,

I would like to inform you that we do not have any control over this. If there is any update, I will let you know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

8 Posts

07-26-2020

United States of America

13 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 43 of 84

2020-09-30, 17:38 PM

I'm in that same boat with you and many others and it's getting filled to capacity. I read about this 3G problem with Moto Power phones while my G8 was being shipped. I sent it back and bought a cheaper G7 but that has the same 3G defect.  

Not such a big problem for me as I'm also using Tello with 1 GB of data which is plenty these days since I rarely leave the WiFi house feed. Who to blame? If you pay for each GB of data it's amazing how few videos get streamed.  

As phones get bigger, faster and more expensive maybe they get pushed out the factory door without enough testing. Give an active user a beta phone for several months so they can do real testing then offer then a final shipping version for maybe half price when all the bugs are worked out.  

These problems are by no way on Moto phones alone. My poor mint Samsung Galaxy S9+ sits alone while suffering from the:  

"OMADM  

The Profile update could not be completed"

defect after an update from Google or Samsung when T-Mobile and Sprint merged. It got an update last week which I hoped would solve the problem but no. I still get the error message but at least it's not draining the battery at 1400 mA and heating it to 104F. 

Options

8 Posts

10-09-2020

United States of America

24 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 44 of 84

2020-10-09, 18:22 PM

Hello, 

Any updates on how to solve this issue? 

Similar case here:

I'm a Tello customer. Got a Moto G Power from Motorola in July, and haven't had any LTE, at all, ever since. Just got a new replacement Moto G Power directly from Motorola, and it still doesn't have any LTE, no matter what I try.

The upsetting part is that Tello mobile gives full blame on the device (Motorola), and Motorola gives full blame on Tello or Sprint. Is either company making any efforts to solve this issue? Should Google be involved, as well? 

Options

11 Posts

07-25-2020

United States of America

22 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 45 of 84

2020-10-18, 22:17 PM

HI guy, just notice my g power is doing the same thing, it says lte but the minute a call is made or received it drop and call quality is terrible.

I'm on ATT something like this happen on My G7.  This is completely unacceptable for an unlocked phone.

if Motorola can not fix the issue can we get replacement phones. My G power is only a month old. The only reason I bought if was because my G7 was doing the same thing. did not want to wait for a fix. On the G7 the problem started after an update from android 9 to android 10. 

I figured that if G8 came with android 10 it would not have the same problem but here I am.

dropping out of lte to edge.  I now have 2 moto G phone that have the same problem.

well hope Motorola gets their act together. it may be time to switch and leave motorola and lenovo.

Options

42 Posts

12-09-2015

United States of America

344 Signins

5072 Page Views

• Views: 5072
  • Message 46 of 84

2020-10-18, 22:25 PM

On my moto g power att the phone connects and uses hd voice volte when the signal.is available.  Sounds like your on edge of signals, I would install the app called network signal lite and see what your phone is actually seeing.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 47 of 84

2020-10-21, 14:30 PM

Hi JohnTour,

Sorry for the late reply. Are you still here on this thread? Please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. Also, please confirm if you're already on Android 10. Thanks.

Hi WALT$, jdi000,

I'm sorry about that. This should not happen. We would definitely would like to help you with this. Can you please update your profiles too? Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

388 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

897 Signins

18833 Page Views

• Views: 18833
  • Message 48 of 84

2020-10-22, 13:45 PM

@ semur01 wrote:

Hello, 

Any updates on how to solve this issue? 

Similar case here:

I'm a Tello customer. Got a Moto G Power from Motorola in July, and haven't had any LTE, at all, ever since. Just got a new replacement Moto G Power directly from Motorola, and it still doesn't have any LTE, no matter what I try.

The upsetting part is that Tello mobile gives full blame on the device (Motorola), and Motorola gives full blame on Tello or Sprint. Is either company making any efforts to solve this issue? Should Google be involved, as well? 

Hello,

I'd like to assist you with this issue.  I've sent you a private message when you have a moment can you please take a look.

Best regards

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

11 Posts

07-25-2020

United States of America

22 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 49 of 84

2020-10-23, 3:29 AM

Hi Rich,

what would you like to know in the profile.

I'm going to be going back to G7 from G8 for now, but would like a fix for the g plus.

thanks.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 50 of 84

2020-10-23, 12:58 PM

Hi WALT$,

We would like to check your IMEI so we can investigate this. I'd like to confirm, have you contacted your carrier regarding this? May I know what have you tried with them so far? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms