Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

05-14-2017

United States of America

18 Signins

142 Page Views

• Views: 142
  • Message 71 of 84

Re:No LTE on Sprint MVNO

2020-12-07, 12:46 PM

Hi... Please add me to the list of Moto G Stylus (2020) owners with Tello who cannot access LTE... only 3G service.

I just bought the phone a week or two ago and it has Android 10.

I cannot edit the APN settings -- they are all greyed out.

Is there anything I can do to get LTE?

Thanks, 

Edgar

Options

11 Posts

05-14-2017

United States of America

18 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 72 of 84

2020-12-07, 12:47 PM

Semur...

How were you able to edit the APN settings. I have the Moto G Stylus (2020) with Android 10... and all the APN settings are greyed out.

Thanks,

Edgar

Options

2020-12-07, 13:55 PM

Can you get the APN settings from your Carrier and use the,"Plus sign" and make a new entry and use that?

Options

11 Posts

05-14-2017

United States of America

18 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 74 of 84

2020-12-07, 16:12 PM

>>Can you get the APN settings from your Carrier and use the,"Plus sign" and make a new entry and use that?<<

I tried entering an entirely new APN setting according to Tello's requirement, and hit save.  But it doesn't save the new entry add it to the list of possible APN options. :(

Options

8 Posts

10-09-2020

United States of America

24 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 75 of 84

2020-12-07, 16:48 PM

Hi, Edgar (and other people). I have a negative update on my case.

Unbelievably, what Edgar is mentioning now started happening to me, as well. This was possibly created by a recent update I got a couple of weeks ago (whether Android or Motorola). I am back to not having LTE.

After the update the phone is completely unable ("unwilling") to switch to LTE or change APN settings (which had become my go-to solution for my service provider Tello). Tello is unable to provide me a solution and even a factory and network reset hasn't fixed it. The behavior of this issue is slightly different than the first one with the Moto G Power and this one at a start. Before, the phone would switch to LTE but could not retrieve any internet from the LTE signal. Now, with this new issue, the data icon on the upper right corner of the screen does not change from showing the letters "3G". That means that, somehow, my phone isn't even trying to connect to LTE, regardless of the preferred network type settings. I was very happy after having solved my long-lasting issue with LTE. But now the issue is back.

Options

11 Posts

05-14-2017

United States of America

18 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 76 of 84

2020-12-07, 17:30 PM

Semur and everyone with this problem....A genius on REDDIT found the answer and it works for me on my Moto G Stylus (2020) to get LTE again when I could not edit nor add new APN settings because they would not save. See his method here: https://www.reddit.com/user/UnlikelyLobster7649/

Edgar

Options

6857 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86126 Page Views

• Views: 86126
  • Message 77 of 84

2020-12-08, 14:51 PM

@ dworsky wrote:

Semur and everyone with this problem....A genius on REDDIT found the answer and it works for me on my Moto G Stylus (2020) to get LTE again when I could not edit nor add new APN settings because they would not save. See his method here: https://www.reddit.com/user/UnlikelyLobster7649/

Edgar

Wow, thanks for sharing Everyone else with Tello issues can you try the steps in this reddit post and report back if it works for you?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

12-12-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 78 of 84

2020-12-12, 19:24 PM

Wow, I wish I had seen this before I bought a moto G power. :(

So I am on Patriot Mobile which I found out after I signed up, uses Sprint as it's service. I bought a moto G power unlocked from Best Buy. Patriot sent me a sim card from Sprint and I put it in. Phone calls seem to work fine, but I never get LTE either. I tried everything in both of these topics but nothing works. I tried calling Patriot Mobile tech support but they had no idea what I was talking about. I assume that I cannot talk to a Sprint/T-Mobile tech because they won't care.

I tried to create an APN as directed but when I choose the APN I created it just reverts back to the default "Sprint" APN that it came with.

So my last resort seems to be Motorola.

After reading these topics it appears as though the moto G power does not work on any Sprint network. Will there be a fix for this? Is anyone working on it?

Options

11 Posts

05-14-2017

United States of America

18 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 79 of 84

2020-12-12, 22:56 PM

XSentinel,

When you created the new APN, with a different name, did it save? It will not save if you duplicate certain field entries in your new APN.

Because you are not a Tello customer, the instructions provided probably need to be modified for your provider.  The trick, as noted in the reddit post is to not duplicate the same entries in certain fields.  So you need to carefully look at the fields in the default APN, and when you creat your newly named one, be sure the key fields are different.  Many of the fields shown in the pictures are Tello specific, and you may not be able to surmise what settings to use for your provider.

Options

3 Posts

12-12-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 80 of 84

2020-12-13, 13:01 PM
It did save it but when I choose it and leave that screen it seems ot revert back to the default APN. So the one I created is still there but it is not selected. - Which fields are the *key* fields? Is there any way for me to figure out which answers I need for my provider? Thanks for your help. I sure hope that Moto comes out with a fix because I really like this phone overall and this is my 5th Moto. I am a Moto lover.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms