Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-26-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 7

Notification dot not working properly

2021-04-26, 14:44 PM

Hi,

The notification dot function does not seem to work properly for messages or phone calls. There's always a dot. Suggestions about how to fix? (Note: It was always showing notification dot in Instagram for the longest time, then randomly stopped. It wasn't a bother in IG, but it is for messages and phone calls.)

Thanks.

Options

305 Posts

08-06-2019

United States of America

848 Signins

4839 Page Views

• Views: 4839
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Notification dot not working properly

2021-04-26, 21:46 PM

Does this problem occur in Safe Mode? Try the following.

Boot Phone Into Safe Mode

Hold down Power key and long press the Power option. A dialogue box will appear. Click OK. Once the phone has rebooted into Safe Mode, please see if Dot Notifications feature is working. If the feature still doesn't work, try the following.

1) Go to Settings>Sound>Do Not Disturb>Ensure this feature has been turned off.

2) Go to Settings>Sound>Do Not Disturb>Calls>Allow Calls>Enable "From Anyone."

3) Go to Settings>Sound>Do Not Disturb>SMS,MMS & Messaging Apps>Allow Messages>Enable "From Anyone."

4) Go to Settings>Apps & Notifications>App Info>Scroll down to Moto App Launcher app>Advanced>Additional Settings in the App>Notification Dots>Advanced>Enable "Allow Notification Dots.

5) Go to Settings>Apps & Notifications>App Info>Scroll down to Messages app>Notifications>Enable all toggle switches.

6) Go to Settings>Apps & Notifications>App Info>Scroll down to Phone app>Notifications>Enable all toggle switches.

7) Go to Settings>Apps & Notifications>Advanced>Special App Access>Notification Access>Scroll down to Moto App Launcher>Enable "Show Notification Dots."

8) After you've completed all the steps above, please reboot your device. After a few minutes your Dot Notifications should appear.

Options

38 Posts

01-05-2021

United States of America

39 Signins

310 Page Views

• Views: 310
  • Message 3 of 7

2021-05-02, 18:39 PM
He didn't say the dot notifications weren't appearing, but that they appear all the time, even when there is no new message or app update. I have the same problem, constant dots appearing, even when I clear all the messages or updates. I even tried to turn it off completely for the Google Play Store, but it still shows up.
Options

3 Posts

04-26-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-05-02, 20:33 PM

It's not that they're not appearing, it's that they won't go away, even when there are no new notifications. Which makes the feature basically useless.

Options

2562 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1151 Signins

48740 Page Views

• Views: 48740
  • Message 5 of 7

2021-05-03, 5:08 AM

@ akb123 wrote:

It' not that they' not appearing, it' that they won' go away, even when there are no new notifications. Which makes the feature basically useless.

Hi, 

Thank you for clarification, can you please share with us a small video of the same showing us the dot notification doesn't go away even when there are no new notifications. 

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

04-26-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-05-04, 4:55 AM

Hi,

Somehow I managed to fix this. I have no idea how. But except for a couple of apps (Instagram is one) they seem to be working now. And I think the IG issue may be people I have blocked pestering me with messages trying to sell me stuff.

Best,

Ann

Options

2562 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1151 Signins

48740 Page Views

• Views: 48740
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-05-05, 6:21 AM

@ akb123 wrote:

Hi,

Somehow I managed to fix this. I have no idea how. But except for a couple of apps (Instagram is one) they seem to be working now. And I think the IG issue may be people I have blocked pestering me with messages trying to sell me stuff.

Best,

Ann

Hi, 

Glad to know that it's working fine now. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions/concerns. 

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms