09-09-2020

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 9

Really need advice on True Wireless Earbuds selection

2020-09-14, 15:57 PM

I bought the G Power a week ago, and I love it. But there is a huge annoyance I'm having when I try to use wireless earbuds with with them for music (MP3files, Youtube, etc.). 

I understand that the Moto G Power only supports the (SBC) Bluetooth Codec, but when I use either of my (SBC/AAC) capable TWS earbuds, such as the Galaxy Buds and JBuds Air, the sound quality produces a noticeable distortion or unclear sound only when music is playing. I don't know how to perfectly describe it, but the sound of the music is just not what it should be clarity wise. I can hear the music completely, but it sounds slightly dated or like there's a buzzing/muddiness in the background. The quality is not as good as it should be.

Neither of these earbuds are faulty as they sound remarkably better on my iPad Pro. Moto Audio equalizer settings don't help either. 

I've even tried going into developer options, silly as it may be, to change the bluetooth codec settings to see if it fixes the poor sound quality, but the changes I make don't stick. I'm assuming because the phone only supports SBC.

I have a pair of Bose Soundlink 2 Around Ears and Beats Solo3 Over Ears that don't give me this issue and sound good on the Moto G Power, but I prefer to use true wireless earbuds for outdoors and commuting. 

So can anyone help me out here? Any true wireless earbuds that work good with this phone for clear sound quality (no buzzing, distortion, etc., while listening to music)? Preferably anything budget $0-100, but anything higher I will consider. I mostly listen to metal music, if that helps any. 

Options

16 Posts

09-08-2020

AF

11 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:Really need advice on True Wireless Earbuds selection

2020-09-14, 19:51 PM

That sounds really wrong. Forgive the pun. I run 4 different pairs of cheap TWS with the same hand set as yourself (I have just collected them over time) with no issue at all. The sound is as it should be for each set and the connection quality is surprisingly strong for such a budget handset. I have never used the TWS buds you have but some sets have a factory re set option, if so, have you tried resetting them and then re pairing them back to the handset?

I would hesitate to recommend any of my rear buds as I am in England and they probably have different names. I do know though that JBL have just released a new set of TWS in America for $99 that seem to have everything you could ever want in an earbud. I am waiting for them to arrive here on our shores. I will find a link a post it here later my friend.

Options

16 Posts

09-08-2020

AF

11 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2020-09-14, 22:11 PM

Jlab not JBL. Apologies. Lots of great reviews on the site too.

https://www.jlabaudio.com/products/epic-air-anc-true-wireless-earbuds?utm_source=AWIN&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=632192&awc=16308_1598423205_eaec91a445a6de1b5027c498e732dc07

Options

16 Posts

09-08-2020

AF

11 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2020-09-14, 22:12 PM

Also. Here is a YouTube review. 

https://youtu.be/do-TesTMEWI

Options

3 Posts

09-09-2020

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2020-09-14, 22:20 PM

It's so stressful!

I've tried everything; reset each pair of my earbuds, and reset my bluetooth connections settings on the G Power. I still have the same issue. I've talked to Samsung support and I'm shipping them my Galaxy Buds so they can investigate the issue and possibly give me a new pair. 

I also ordered the Mpow M12s off Amazon. They're around $30, but their sound quality is apparently pretty good, and so is the brand in general. So I'll give those a shot when I receive them this week. I don't expect the quality to blow me away, but they shouldn't be as bad as I've been hearing on the G Power. Thank you for your input.

I'll also consider trying those JLab Earbuds you recommended if the Mpow M12s I'm waiting for don't sound good. As I said in my original post, I have a pair of JBuds Air from them that sound good on my iPad Pro, so yeah. 

Options

16 Posts

09-08-2020

AF

11 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2020-09-14, 22:27 PM

Thinking about things. Anker do quite a lot of stuff for the money too. Mpow do seem popular also. Good luck.

Options

3 Posts

09-09-2020

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2020-09-14, 22:36 PM

@ denedodge wrote:

Thinking about things. Anker do quite a lot of stuff for the money too. Mpow do seem popular also. Good luck.

Yeah, I've been on a huge binge recently looking at all these earbuds from different companies on Amazon, determining which ones are worth trying. I've heard and seen lots of good and bad things about Anker. It's so frustrating. 

Again, thanks so much for your help. I receive the Mpows on Wednesday, so I'll give an update that same day.

Options

160 Posts

08-06-2019

US

244 Signins

2389 Page Views

• Views: 2389
  • Message 8 of 9

2020-09-15, 2:10 AM

Despite being relatively inexpensive, Mpow makes great audio accessories. I picked up a pair of Mpow H7 Over-Ear Bluetooth Headphones for only $15.00 last year during Amazon's flash sale. Normal retail price is $25.99. The headphones are actually a Bluetooth/Wired hybrid. You can use a 3.5mm audio cable which comes included in the package. I've been very pleased with the quality of sound.

Options

9 Posts

09-08-2020

US

13 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 9 of 9

2020-09-15, 2:13 AM

For TWS, I have the Skull Candy Sesh Evo and they work well.  None of the issues you described. I also use some Sennheiser over the ear and jaybird tarah, and I haven't had any problems with any of them.  But the sesh Evo are decent enough, they run $50-60. I'm a regular to heavy user, and they last me each time I use them. An upgrade from the original sesh is both earbuds can be used solo now, also they have the Tile software preloaded, but I haven't messes with that though.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete