Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

04-29-2015

United States of America

17 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 84

Security Patch

2021-06-15, 22:02 PM

I bought this phone just last year through Google Fi.  The latest security patch is January 1.  My company's IT requires a security patch from March or later, or I can't get emails from it.  How can I get the security patch updated?

Options

3911 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1254 Signins

61545 Page Views

• Views: 61545
  • Message 2 of 84

Re:Security Patch

2021-06-16, 4:07 AM

@ Eric105 wrote:

I bought this phone just last year through Google Fi.  The latest security patch is January 1.  My company' IT requires a security patch from March or later, or I can' get emails from it.  How can I get the security patch updated?

Hi, 

Thank you for reaching out, please update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

04-22-2021

United States of America

15 Signins

300 Page Views

• Views: 300
  • Message 3 of 84

2021-06-16, 8:26 AM

Bought my first Motorola Moto G Power (2020), unlocked, for use on MetroPCS (T-Mobile subsidiary) in the last quarter of 2020 or so at Best Buy. Bought another, identical one in January 2021, I believe (this is the one on which I'm typing to you now).

After getting this one all-around set up even better than my first one (i.e. good case, tempered glass screen protector, only the apps I'm actively using, fully updating, fully investigating and implementing anything useful to me through opening up "Developer Options," etc.), I came across these Lenovo forums and learned about the Motorola MFN program (Motorola Feedback Network) and decided to sign up for it.

I believe that's why I was able to get this phone updated to Android 11 a month or so ago. Bottom line is that this phone now see to meet your requirements - see my attached screenshot.

Any questions, feel free to reply/ask! 😁

Screenshot_20210616-011104.png
-- Tre Stuges
Options

13 Posts

07-01-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 4 of 84

2021-07-01, 23:02 PM

What's the status on this.  I also have a G Power from Google Fi and have had zero updates in over six months.  Google says this is completely on Motorola to resolve.  I don't want to believe I'd buy a phone and then six months later it's abandoned.   It doesn't bode well for the manufacturer.

So, what is it?  Is there going to be any further security patches for this model or not?  Patches _should_ come out every three months for non-flagship models.

I'm not going to buy another phone six months later just to get it patches for exploits.

--Eric

Options

2163 Posts

11-24-2020

India

224 Signins

23310 Page Views

• Views: 23310
  • Message 5 of 84

2021-07-02, 9:41 AM

@ Agent Subron wrote:

What' the status on this.  I also have a G Power from Google Fi and have had zero updates in over six months.  Google says this is completely on Motorola to resolve.  I don' want to believe I' buy a phone and then six months later it' abandoned.   It doesn' bode well for the manufacturer.

So, what is it?  Is there going to be any further security patches for this model or not?  Patches _should_ come out every three months for non-flagship models.

I' not going to buy another phone six months later just to get it patches for exploits.

--Eric

Hi Eric, 

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Let me check and help you further. Can you update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and serial number/IMEI as suggested above? So I can check and assist you further. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

13 Posts

07-01-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 6 of 84

2021-07-02, 14:00 PM

Thanks Sunitha -- I added my phone details to the forum profile and also registered it with Motorola.  Let me know what else you need to answer my question.

Eric

Options

13 Posts

07-01-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 7 of 84

2021-07-04, 15:56 PM

I updated my profile with the details you were looking for -- do you need anything else to answer my question?

Options

13 Posts

07-01-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 8 of 84

2021-07-06, 20:24 PM

Still waiting to hear a status after posting the details for my specific model, IMEI, and carrier.  I would have thought my original post had enough details to clarify.  But, I've provided all the information requested.  

Can I get an update on why my phone within the update period hasn't received any patches in 7 months?

Options

3911 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1254 Signins

61545 Page Views

• Views: 61545
  • Message 9 of 84

2021-07-07, 4:57 AM

@ Agent Subron wrote:

Still waiting to hear a status after posting the details for my specific model, IMEI, and carrier.  I would have thought my original post had enough details to clarify.  But, I' provided all the information requested.  

Can I get an update on why my phone within the update period hasn' received any patches in 7 months?

Hi, 

Sorry for the delay, we are looking into this. I will keep you posted once I hear more information on this.

Regards

Sandip

Options

10 Posts

07-09-2021

United States of America

15 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 10 of 84

2021-07-09, 6:17 AM

I'm also having issues with my Moto G Power 2020 from Google Fi. No updates since Jan 2021, which is impacting my ability to open Corporate apps.

Since a week ago, all my corporate access has been blocked since the phone hasn't received any security updates since January.

Is there something that can be done about it? The carrier (Google Fi) is not taking responsibility and mentioning that it is up to Motorola to send the updates over the air.

Thanks in advance for taking a look into this matter urgently!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms