Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g power
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

02-22-2021

United States of America

23 Signins

155 Page Views

• Views: 155
  • Message 21 of 84

Re:Security Patch

2021-07-22, 17:54 PM
Yeah, already got that.
Options

13 Posts

07-01-2021

United States of America

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 22 of 84

2021-07-25, 23:59 PM

Android 11 finally downloaded for me over the weekend, although I also parked at Feb 2021 patch level.  I'm not sure if our phone IEMI numbers were manually added to get an update or if it coincidentally is finally rolling out to everyone.  If it really is first launch, then how could have it been security patched back in February?  You would think that the security patch level would match the first release on a carrier.

Or it took Motorola since a February code freeze to validate releasing it.  Which seems like a lot of time for a release candidate.

Hoping the security patch for 11 will come before another five months pass.

Options

10 Posts

07-09-2021

United States of America

15 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 23 of 84

2021-07-26, 0:50 AM

I don't believe it has been rolled out to everyone yet, since I'm still stuck with Android 10 security patch January.

My Corporate apps have been deleted from my phone since the last security patch is more than 6 months old, making it an unsecure device according to corporate policies...

So... thanks Motorola for making my phone useless for work related apps?!?!

Any update on when the latest security patch (Android 10 or 11, doesn't matter much at this point) will come out for your users?

Options

17 Posts

04-29-2015

United States of America

17 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 24 of 84

2021-07-28, 17:04 PM

Over a week later, no progress, no update.  If you worked where I work, you wouldn't still be working where I work.  If this is how Motorola fails to support its product and customers, I can't justify recommending or purchasing a Motorola product in the future.

Options

36 Posts

02-22-2015

United States of America

46 Signins

587 Page Views

• Views: 587
  • Message 25 of 84

2021-07-29, 0:47 AM

I complained on this forum, and a few days later I got Android 11.  My wife's phone is still stuck on Android 10.    But the security patch was only upgraded from January 1 to February 1.

Android version updates and security patches are not that hard to do.  Other companies come up with patches on a monthly basis.

To me, it seems there is some kind of software freeze on these phones and we are all stuck.  Motorola stopped updating these phones in February. Maybe it's due to the shortened (2 day vs 4 days)  battery life that I have with Android 11, that other people are also complaining about? 

Really great phone that's held back by the part that is really easy .... security patches.

Come on Motorola, make your customers happy and keep your products secure. 

Mel

Options

3911 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1254 Signins

61545 Page Views

• Views: 61545
  • Message 26 of 84

2021-07-29, 5:50 AM

@ Mel___C wrote:

I complained on this forum, and a few days later I got Android 11.  My wife's phone is still stuck on Android 10.    But the security patch was only upgraded from January 1 to February 1.

Android version updates and security patches are not that hard to do.  Other companies come up with patches on a monthly basis.

To me, it seems there is some kind of software freeze on these phones and we are all stuck.  Motorola stopped updating these phones in February. Maybe it's due to the shortened (2 day vs 4 days)  battery life that I have with Android 11, that other people are also complaining about? 

Really great phone that's held back by the part that is really easy .... security patches.

Come on Motorola, make your customers happy and keep your products secure. 

Mel

Hi Mel___C,

We are looking into this why the device is still on February 1 update request you to wait we will check and get back to you asap.

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

10 Posts

07-09-2021

United States of America

15 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 27 of 84

2021-07-29, 6:03 AM

Lucky you! At least they have sent the OTA update to Android 11.

I've complained for almost 3 weeks and till now, no new update to my Google Fi Moto G Power 2020 device.

Motorola... I'm really disappointed with your costumer service and how you have handled complaints like this. Your products have failed to be updated as you have advertised and it had a direct impact on my work profile, which I lost due to the Operating System not receiving security updates.

Do you need anything else to push the updates?

Options

17 Posts

04-29-2015

United States of America

17 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 28 of 84

2021-07-29, 11:02 AM
Me, too! I got A11, but only SP Feb21. Work IT requires at least April21, but that will probably soon update to May. SP's come out *every month* to protect our data. It is irresponsible to do anything other than push these updates *every month*. I could understand trailing by a month, maybe two, but it should never be more than that.
Options

36 Posts

02-22-2015

United States of America

46 Signins

587 Page Views

• Views: 587
  • Message 29 of 84

2021-07-29, 23:00 PM

With all the hacking in the news, it's important for our phones to stay reasonably updated.

Everyone has the same complaints with Motorola .... updates, updates, updates.  Google has made the process easy, and none of your customers understand why it takes to long.  Other manufactures have no problem providing 3 or more years of security updates.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Mel

Options

1 Posts

07-29-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 30 of 84

7 months without a security update?

2021-07-30, 6:05 AM

Has this phone been abandoned? I bought the phone on Google Fi 4 months ago and the security patch is still from Jan. 1, 2021. I've never seen a phone (that was supposedly being supported) go so long without a security update.  I don't even care about Android 11. I heard it has worse performance and battery life than Android 10. But I do care about the phone being safe to use. I read that Verizon and Tracfone users are up to date with security patches and also have Android 11. Why is it so different for Google Fi and others?

Now I'm wondering if this was the reason it was so cheap on Google Fi.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms